Friday, November 23, 2018

Friday Roundup

Oh what a week it was!  Busy, busy, busy.  Last minute floor scrapings, mopping, waxing. Laid my new rugs, put the new cover on the loveseat.  Finally looks like a home again.  Still some to do, but the worst of it is over...and that I am going to celebrate.  




And cooking.  I made enough for an army.  Thanksgiving is always like that for me.  Special memories of time's past when we headed to grandma's house for a feast.  As I grew older, the feast was held at our house.  And now, it is always held at my house.  And this year was so special.  My daughter and her hubby were here.  Tears flowed as we both recognized it had been almost 50 years since we spent Thanksgiving together.  

Mom was here, too.  I sensed it, and she let me know in little ways.   Knickknacks falling over when there was nothing near them.  A glass rattling on the drainboard. I lay my phone down and when I turn my back it slams to the floor right at my feet....across the room.  Of course I checked for mice, but when no signs were found, I realized it was mom sharing Thanksgiving with me too.  I wonder if she is happy for us, or if all this is done with anger.  I prefer to think she is happy.

So today I was going to head out to a WW workshop and to pick up my vitamin D at the pharmacy, but it's only 15 degrees here, not a day to be standing out there waiting for two buses.  So I will go tomorrow when it warm up some. Sunday I want to get out to get a pair of shoes for the union retiree party I am going to on Monday.  It's dressy and all I have is sneakers.  Since I retired, I live comfortably.  Sunday will be church, Monday the party, Tuesday a rally and march to protect the environment, and Wednesday and Thursday my regular WW workshops.  

So today I stay in and start taking the fall decor down and start on Christmas.  Just when I had my house in order.
 From my house to yours....have a wonderful weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Mary! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving - and hope that the pattern that has been set continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your family to be able to finally spend this time together! Wonderful pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous holiday!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful Mary! Love this post! Big Hugs! I am so happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete