Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends


 Hubby loves his masks and has several hanging through the house.  I like them, too.  This is one of my favorites. 
One of my early drawings.  Guess it's not really 'that' bad. The toadstool could use a little work.  LOL!!!
Me with very dark hair a few years back.  I look pretty much like my mom as you can see below.  I love dark hair, but it's too aging on me now. 
 My beautiful mom.
This was my Spanish teacher at Brooklyn College.  She was nice as could be, but I never learned much.  Took 3 semesters with her, and each time there were new people in the class so she'd go right back to the beginning.  I finally got tired of never getting anyplace so I never went back.
My first trip back home in 43 years.  This is just before the house was sold.  So many memories.
At my goddaughter's confirmation.  That's me in the blue flowered dress with my back turned.  She is standing next to me.
 The Old Settlers Burial Ground in Lancaster.  My Prescott ancestors are buried here.
Two of my friends from the senior center I attended the first year of my retirement. I gave up going because that place was making me start feeling old.  They didn't want to do anything aside from gossip, bingo, and cards.  Having worked for 50 years I wanted more so I enrolled in Brooklyn College.  The last I heard they were both very ill and no longer attend.   Every once in awhile I run into someone on the bus who still attends, but no one has heard anything about them. 

8 comments:

  1. These are such lovely pics, Mary. And yes, you most definitely look like your mom for sure! Very pretty. ;)

    I agree, the older I get, the lighter the hair gets as well. I guess that is just how it goes for us women. lol

    Your fairy art is precious. I myself am not that good at painting or drawing in general. I can sketch ok, but that is all.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful memories here. You and your mom do look a lot alike in those two pictures. Really beautiful!!
    My hair came in white and won't take color anymore so I am stuck. lol
    Love your fairy piece--and you KNOW that toadstools are never perfect!
    Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary. Take care of yourself and I do pray that your husband has more good days than bad...Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look very like your mama. Which is lovely. And I am unable to draw and appreciate the work of artists like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I admire the most about you? You’re a Life Long Learner! Louis Dean is one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post of amazingly awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice post of wonderful memories.
    I do like your fairy artwork.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of you and your mom! I love your fairy! She is so precious! Love the mask too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete