Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends




Hubby brought these masks home from his sister's house a few years back.  He'd been visiting, and she was about to toss them out, but he told her 'no', he would take them.  I'm glad he did.  I like these little masks. 
Bought this Wizard of Oz plate about 25 years ago.  It still plays "Over the Rainbow".
Another 20 year old item.  Forgot where I bought it, but I am so glad I bought it.  It comes out every spring to brighten my living room.
Don't know if any of you remember me talking about Leadfoot who lived above me a couple of years ago.  Well, if you don't, I called him Leadfoot because he was so heavy footed my house would shake whenever he walked through his apartment.  One morning I came home from church and found my television set smashed on the floor.  Hubby said Leadfoot had jumped or done something so loud that he ran upstairs to see if he was okay.  Of course, Leadfoot wouldn't open the door because he probably heard the sound of the television set coming off the wall and smashing to the floor.   Hubby bought me a new television that day and put it up lower.  However, there was a small hole left where it had once been attached to the wall.  Hubby bought this to cover it.
 Oh my, look how high my hair was.  LOL!!!
 Bought this beauty on Etsy.  Totally homemade.
My husband's nieces and nephews, his sister, the tall family friend, my next to the youngest son in cap, and myself at our housewarming party 21 years ago.  This was the house we lived in for 15 years before we moved here.
This old knotted tree was located in my old neighborhood.  I was always amazed with it.  Definitely was alive with fairies and memories of a time long past.
A Christmas gift from a client 7 years ago.  Still lights up and plays all the carols.  A treasure.

8 comments:

  1. You have many lovely and wonderful treasures Mary. I enjoy when my blogging friends and family share their memories and things that make them happy.
    Photos are a wonderful way to share with others. BTW...I have a "big hair" photo of me from the 1960's that I will share here on my blog soon. Hey! We were stylin' back then :)

    Hugs 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we were stylin' for sure. Was torture when the time came to come it out.

      Delete
  2. I remember that when I was a young girl in NY, my great aunt, whose house we rented the first floor, lived above us. What a nasty person she was! When we made too much noise, she would bang on her floor so hard and scare us. I was so afraid of her and thought she was a witch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that happen to me when my youngest just a toddler. We lived on the first floor and there was a family in the basement below us. They used to bang on the pipes so loud my poor baby would run away, crying. Yet, they thought nothing of holding some wild parties.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I remember your tales of Leadfoot, LOL! Good riddance to him, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good riddance is right. I don't miss him one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your photographs …
    Love the Christmas tree.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your treasures Mary! I think some of the older pieces we keep are the best! So sorry about Leadfoot!! Love the photos! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete