Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday Ramble

Good morning.  The end of a very busy week for me.  On Friday and Saturday I dug out my Christmas decor and packed all the fall stuff away.  Sunday I went looking for shoes for the now infamous party on Monday.  Got drenched in a cold windswept rain and practically ruined the shoes that I had just bought the day before. Got sick from the food, and on  Tuesday I  found myself  nursing a sour tummy.  Peppermint tea, ginger tea, and sips of warm ginger ale. 

I found this in the mail when I got home Monday.
What an awesome box this is.  It's not a monthly subscription and a bit higher priced than I like, but I couldn't resist.  It's actually an Advent calendar.  Each little gift is numbered and one is opened each day.  It's been hard to sit back and wait, but I've been strong and holding back.  First gift to be opened tomorrow.


On Tuesday they finally finished with my apartment.  Overhead light fixtures and smoke alarms are in and looking good.  Finally finished with the nightmare that began on September 15th.

On Wednesday I stayed in again.  Still running to the bathroom and feeling out of sorts.  Felt it best to stay home and rest up. 
Has anyone read this book?  It's the story of a young girl coming of age in a time when the earth is 'slowing'. Daytime stretches first by minutes, then hours, and, then by days; nighttime does the same. And as a result wildlife and the world around her are dying off.  She faces sickness and death of loved ones and experiences her first love.   Cannot put it down.

Have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that your apartment is "home-sweet-home" once again 🏠
    What a fun advent calendar.i can hardly wait to see what you get each day...that I is if you want to share with us 🎁
    The book sounds to depressing for my taste...but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting.
    Keep taking care of yourself and feel good soon 🎄🎅🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so hard keep my hands off those gifts, but I am proud of myself. I did it. Will be sure to post pics.

      Delete
  2. The advent calendar box looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to have it. Costs a bit more than I could afford, but it did look like so much fun. Now she says she is going to have grab bags. Sounds like fun, too, and much, much cheaper.

      Delete
  3. Finally finished with the nightmare that began on September 15th!
    Yippee :)

    Have a good weekend, and hope you feel better now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost done. They put in a couple of two bulb fixtures and tried putting one yellow and one white bulb. No way. Waiting for tomorrow when they say they will come back with bulbs. I shouldn't have to purchase bulbs as they got rid of my fixtures and lights.

      Delete
  4. Woohoo to the apartment being 100% done!!!! The advent box of goodies would be sooo difficult for me to stay away from! It would kill jason, my boyfriend too....that is why I have already started stuffing his stocking!!! It’s killing him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a 100% yet. When they did the ceiling lights they threw away my bulbs as well as fixtures. Now they have to replace them

      Delete
  5. Please take care of yourself! So sorry you are still not feeling well!
    I love the advent calendar box! So cool! Happy your home is finally finished!
    The book sounds great! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot put this book down. A real eye-opener of what could be.

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon.
    That advent box sounds fun.
    I've not heard of this book, but it sounds like an interesting read.
    AND YAY!!!! for the apartment being finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is fabulous. It makes you think 'what if'.

      Delete