Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends



 Look at this strange cloud.  What do you see in it? 
My ex boss.  I used to work for a company called Red Tape Cutters.  It's no longer there.  Closed up around 9/11.  It was an amazing job.  We got car registrations for rich people and the major dealerships in New Jersey, visas, passports, and whatever else those with money didn't want to do themselves.  I remember back when I was in charge of getting visas for James Taylor and his band when they did their European tour.  Was running around to all the different consulates.  Sometimes, in those cases where it took time, an extra incentive such as his latest CD was offered for faster service.  It was a race against time, but I did it.  Other customers included Ralph Lauren (we took care of all the registrations for his antique car collection), boxer Julio Chavez, and Donald Trump, one of our most demanding....and cheapest...customers.  
This was my good bye party.  That's hubby next to me when he still had hair. Still had that clock until they rewired my apartment.  First the broke the hands off, and then the clock itself just disappeared.  I'm mad as heck because that clock meant something to me.
 My great great grandmother, Constance Mary.
 My precious little handmade crone.
My daughter and her husband.  Usually only my son from the Bronx and his girlfriend come for Thanksgiving dinner as all my other kids live so far away.  However, this year my son told me to get an extra large turkey as he had a surprise for me on Thanksgiving.  All I could get out of him was two extra people were coming.  I have a feeling it is these two.  I hope it is.  Would be the first Thanksgiving we spent together in 50 years.
 Some of the Christmas gifts I made. 
 My goodness, look how high my hair is.
Made this for my son.  The apartment next to his caught on fire several months ago, and he was homeless for a couple of months.  Had good apartment insurance though, and first they put them up in a hotel, and then an apartment that they could rent for $1 a month.  So, I thought the Phoenix was appropriate.  It, too, rose from the fire.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post. Lots of interesting things.
    I see eyes in those clouds...strange eyes.
    Perfect necklace for your son and it is beautiful!
    I have nothing good to say about Trump so I will say nothing else.
    Love the photos.
    I feel so sorry for you losing your clock...how sad.

    Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me. I have nothing good to say about Trump either.

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful gifts! I am sure your family will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a dog swimming. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and you surprise is just what you wished for.

    I am not surprised about trump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a dog in the clouds …

    I enjoyed seeing your photographs.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a happy surprise.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope my comment came through OK, my computer seemed to do strange things!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool job Mary! You made me laugh about Donald Trump! LOL! I am so sorry about the clock! I see some sort of animal in the picture. I am so excited for you and your extra surprise guests for Thanksgiving! Love the items you made for gifts! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete