Monday, November 12, 2018

Monday Morning This and That


Good Monday morning everyone.  Had a nice weekend here.  On Friday I didn't do much of anything.  It was pretty nasty out for most of the day.  Windy and wet....and chilly.  Just hung around and got a few things done around the house.  Did another round of dusting.  Maybe one day all this fine white stuff will go away.  

On Saturday I cleaned the kitchen windows and hung the new kitchen curtains. 
Had to part with one of my succulents.  Not doing well at all and no hopes of bringing it back.  Mopped the floors, and then I got out my Christmas gifts and began sorting and wrapping. 
Lots of little items to be wrapped.  Jewelry I made and items from gift boxes that I would never really use such as bath bombs.  If I sat down in the tub, it would be hell for me to get back up again.  I was going to stuff stockings for all the females, but that would be a bit expensive so when I saw a package of 10 gift bags in various colors in the 99 cent store I bought them, and ordered some Christmas stickers from Amazon to doctor them up.
Will be sure to show you what they look like when I get them decorated.

Hard to believe in another two weeks we'll have Thanksgiving, and then the day after, all the Autumn decor comes down and Christmas decor makes an appearance. Usually I have three months to enjoy my Autumn decor, but this year an entire month and a half were erased when I had to take everything down for construction.

Today I am off to my class.  Next Monday is the Christmas party, and alas, I don't think I'm really well enough to go.  Getting there would require the two hour bus trip to the union office and then boarding another bus for a long trip into mid-town Manhattan.  Sitting is not very comfortable for me yet and especially when the bus jerks to a stop.  Not worth going someplace if you are going to have so much discomfort getting there. So, I'm going to go to give my ticket to someone.  It cost me $10 but if someone wants to go who couldn't afford a ticket, it's theirs.   

Have a good one.

7 comments:

  1. Yay to Christmas gift wrapping...it’s coming up fast!!! I still find it hard to believe that thanksgiving is less than two weeks away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen curtains are lovely and the plant adds a nice touch of nature indoors.
    You have been busy. I haven't even bought any presents. Usually I have more done by this time.
    Even homes that haven't gone through construction accumulate dust. That fine, powdery dust is hard to get rid of. You are doing all you can Mary.
    Have a lovely day 💮

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy gal. I am glad you got your curtains hung and dusting and kitchen cleaning all wrapped up. AND- speaking of wrapping- you are WAY WAY ahead of me in that department. Good for you.
    Sorry you will miss the luncheon...next year!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. And are way, way ahead of me on the Christmas stakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you have been busy …
    The year has gone so quickly, hard to believe that Thanksgiving and then Christmas is so close!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrapping Christmas presents already! All of mine are still stuffed in bags in the closet, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen curtains are so pretty! Love the colour! Great idea about the bags! You are a smart cookie! That's too bad about the traveling for the party. I am so happy
    that in Canada, our Thanksgiving is in October! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete