Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  Leaving early this morning for the union Christmas party at the Hilton for retirees.  This will be my first time there.  I was supposed to dance, but was unable to attend the practice sessions when my hamstring went out.  So I'll just sit back and enjoy the others.  There is always next year.

Had a busy weekend.  Spent most of Friday decorating for Christmas so I put off my WW workshop and picking up my vitamin D until Saturday.  
My church has put up its tree.  

Seems the electricians have disappeared without completing their job. The super said they are not returning his calls or text messages and the main office was told they were off working on another job. Meanwhile, the lobby and two basement rooms are undone as well as the outdoors. All the apartments are done, but some people don't have electricity in some of the rooms. The contractors are still filling holes and painting, but all of us are without the electric fire alarms and light fixtures so bulbs are just hanging down on a string of wire. Don't know what they are going to do. May have to bring someone else in.This is what you get with cheap labor.
On Sunday I headed out to find a pair of shoes for the party.  I only have sneakers.  I had a pair of slip on black shoes, but ruined those during the renovation here.  I'd packed all my good sneakers away and just used the flats....not thinking that I would be needing them.  I wasn't looking for anything fancy.  Just looking for comfort.
Forgot to show you my son in law's plate.  My mouth was hanging open when he walked in. And he ate it ALL followed by dessert.

Have a good one.

13 comments:

  1. Your apartment building is definitely in chaos!
    You have put your finger squarely on the the means "hiring cheap labor!"
    Those are not safe living conditions either. I would be afraid of electrical fires. I feel so bad for all of you who live in such conditions.

    Your son looks as though he was very happy to eat mom's home cooking :)

    Your church's Christmas tree is lovely.

    Have fun today 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church really does it up nice for the holidays. I am definitely afraid of fires. Our bedroom is in the back of the apartment. It really makes me nervous not having any alarm.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your party and I hope you can find some nice comfortable shoes. LOL about your SIL's plate. He looks like good eater. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in shock with that plate of food. I worry about him, though. He has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Not healthy for him.

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful tree. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh on the electrical front. I do hope that management has learnt a few lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they learned. They had some other guys doing the painting yesterday. What happened to the guys that did a good job?

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, a young man's appetite! I remember when my boys ate like that! For all I know they still do. No, not really - they are both in their 40's now and have slowed down in that department.

    Pretty Christmas tree. I hope you enjoy your party at the Hilton.
    A real shame that the electricians left their work undone.

    Hope you get it all fixed up soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And after that he had two different kinds of pies and brownies. Don't know where he puts it.

      Delete
  6. The renovations saga just keeps continuing!!! At least the dirty stuff is done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree! Sorry about the electrical things! Too bad! My mouth is watering from the food pictures! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a shame that the renovations are not yet complete …
    I think your church's Christmas tree looks lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete