Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tuesday Morn

Good morning everyone. We had a quiet Memorial Day yesterday, just hubby and I.  It was really cool outdoors, but it  didn't rain.  We had enough of that the day before.  I used to put some burgers on my grill pot and make some potato and macaroni salad (for me. Hubby doesn't like salads) and for him I'd make some gondulas and rice.  That was our Memorial Day meal.  But yesterday I did something a little different, and we both enjoyed it.  I seasoned some boneless breasts with Harissa, garlic powder, salt and pepper and grilled them on my grill pot.  For our side I made the following which I have been wanting to try so I headed to the fruit stand early in the morning to buy the cilantro and dug into my Indian Spice box.  Hubby really enjoyed it...and he is pretty fussy.
Ingredients: Green beans, potatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, mustard powder, cumin, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander, asafoetida, cilantro, salt and white pepper.

Had a Psych marathon on Hallmark Drama so after running out to the store for a few items, I found myself parked on a heating pad  in front of the television for most of the day.  I got in quite a few good belly laughs.  Sean and Gus are so crazy.  Sure did need a few laughs.  Only had two hours sleep the night before.  There wasn't a part of my body that didn't hurt...my back, my elbows, shoulder, knees, collarbone, even my toes.  And when all that died down a little around 3 am, my tummy started.  Full of gas.  Painful gas.  Got up and made some fennel tea, and that seemed to do the trip.  Fell asleep a little after 4 am, then got up at 6 am.  No matter what time I go to sleep, how many hours I get, I still wake the same time every day.

Later in the evening we were both in the mood for something sweet, but I wanted something fruity, but not a plain piece of fruit.  So I made an apple dessert which was simple to make and so yummy.


I sauteed sliced apples in Smart Balance light butter, then added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Once carmelized it was done.  No sugar added.  A perfect and satisfying dessert for someone nearing their monthly weigh in.  

I've been having a hard time with it lately.  As soon as I reached my goal, all motivation left me, and it's been a struggle maintaining since then.  It seems that I'm one of those people who must have a goal in sight in order to succeed.  Once reached, my mind tells me there is nothing to work for anymore.  But there is.  My new goal is maintaining, and that's what I have to focus on.  To be honest, I'm feeling rather anxious about facing the scale in June.   May was a long one and it's been 5 weeks without a weigh in.  I think that's going to be my first step in the changes I make.  When I was working towards goal, I weighed in every week.  I'm guessing I have to start doing that again.  That scale holds me accountable and starting in June it's time to go back to the weekly weigh-in's.

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

  1. I’m the same way...I do best when I have a goal in front of me! Find something. A 5k fun/walk to train for maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your body pain settles down soon, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope that the pain starts to recede.
    And I hear you about waking at the same time, regardless of the sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After working in the garden yesterday, I had a Netflix day vegging out like you.

    Don’t worry about the weigh in. If you gained, it will be a goal to lose it again. I have done that many, many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! maintaining! you think as i do *grin* chasing a goal is 'easy' compared to maintaining... wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please take care of yourself and be good to you! You'll reach your goals. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete