Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Blessed Beltane

"When April steps aside for May, Like diamonds all the rain-drops glisten; Fresh violets open every day: To some new bird each hour we listen."
Lucy Larcom 


Signs of spring in front of my building.  



The first sign of leaves on the trees.

Oh, what a wonderful time of the year.  The darkness of winter is lifting, and I feel it all around me. No wonder they say 'the merry month of May'.  Life is budding all about us.  Birds are chirping, singing their lovely songs.   It is a time to celebrate life, love and new beginnings as the wheel turns.  May, named in honor of the Greek goddess 'Maia', the most beautiful of the 'Seven Sisters of the Pleiades'.   My Celtic ancestors celebrated Beltane with feasts and rituals, lighting Baal-fires on the tops of hills at sundown on April 30th.  Not an easy task when you live in the city, but the lighting of candles and incense did the trick


My Beltane Maypole Soap.  Can't wait to take my shower this morning.  Soap bar contains rose, sweet orange and patchouli oils. Bottom of soap  has dried rose petals and Hawthorn herb and carnelian and citrine crystals.

Blessings to you and yours at this most wonderful time of the  year. May  your day be filled with love, peace and joy.


4 comments:

  1. Beltane Blessings to you! At a first quick glance, I thought your soap was a delicious-looking dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beltane Blessings to you, dear Mary! Your soap looks wonderful! Do you make homemade soaps? I have never attempted it as of yet, but perhaps someday.

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did make soap. I purchased this from Etsy...which has become my new addiction.

      Delete
  3. Beltane blessings to you. That soap sounds like a treat.

    ReplyDelete