Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday Selections



 Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
George Cooper

My beautiful mom. Life wasn't easy for you.  I know that now.  You did the best you could.  Know that I forgive you and hold you forever in my heart.
Mom and me.  I was about 3 years old.  We still lived at grandma's house.  She was still my mom, then.  It wasn't until we moved to the new house that things changed.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  I love you.
Grandma Lauvenia.  She was pretty old when I was born.  She was born in 1881 and I in 1947.  Mom  was a change of life baby.  Grandma was 35 when she married, 11 years older than my grandfather, and 44 years old when she had mom.  She only had one eye.  The other she used to take out and soak in some liquid at night.  You can imagine how traumatic this could be to a little 5 year old when she found an eye and teeth soaking on a dresser.  I loved this woman with all my heart and find tears coming to my eyes as I write this.  Happy Mother's Day, Grandma Lauvenia.
My great grandmother, Constance Mary.  Dad's grandmother.  She was brought to America when she was only a few months old.  This is she with her dad in Rockaway, New Jersey.

Constance Mary was a beautiful, loving woman.  She raised my dad and his twin when their mom, an alcoholic, gave them to her.  She had a hard life.  Lost two husbands and a son.  But she was a strong woman and she endured.  I regret that I never met her in person.  Mom kept me away from all of dad's family.  So sad to grow up not knowing an entire family line.  I only found her when I started my genealogy.  Happy Mother's Day, Constance Mary.  You are loved.


Me and my daughter before all the problems with Mom.  
My daughter and my grandchildren.
 With my daughter and two of my sons.  My third son has not forgiven me. I hold onto hope that one day he will find out that I am not the bad person I was painted out to be and accept my love.
 My son, daughter and myself.
Me and my daughter.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

5 comments:

  1. These are absolutely lovely photos, Mary and thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU, MY FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, Mary. Thanks for this look at your mother-line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I do pray that someday your third son regardless of whatever past family history, or whatever his reasons are, will eventually come to the realization that NONE of us are perfect! My brother has chosen (due to mental illness, not drugs or anything like that) to turn his back on my mother and I and he has caused so much hurt in our family by his selfish actions in spite of the fact that we have done everything in our power to get him the help he needs.

    I can not take away my mothers pain (especially today) all I can do is try be the BEST daughter I can possibly be and be the only child she has left to never leave her.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to have known so many of your relatives - and to have their photos too.
    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete