Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Roundup

Morning all.  We come to the end of another week.  It's been quite an up and down week for me.  On Monday I had twinges in my back, but I went to classes anyway.  Well, actually I went for meditation and arts and crafts, but got there in time for dance so I gave it a try.  Woke up the next morning in pain.  Tuesday was an 'in' day for me and decided not to go to class on Wednesday.  It's best, at this point, to rest my back and allow it to heal before I go bouncing all around.  And I know I would have had I gone.  Hadn't danced in 50 years, and it sure  does feel good.  I love it.

On Wednesday I spent time in the kitchen.  Made two of my favorite soups which I froze in containers for an easy weeknight dinner.  I made the Chicken with Fennel and Orzo soup from Weight Watchers.  

Very simple to make:  Carrots, Celery, 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, ground fennel, 1 cup orzo, black pepper, and the Purdue already cooked chicken strips (chopped)  Tastes just like Lipton's soup.
And my Spicy Harissa Bean and Collard Green soup.  Another easy one, but lots of ingredients.  Posted recipe on 4/17. I used Roman beans this time since I had them on hand.  Actually, any bean will do.  (It's still steamy.  Hence, the blurry picture)
The following photo is from 4/17. 

Made this necklace on Monday with the wooden beads my daughter sent me.

Two of my kids are hotel bound for a few weeks...in different states.  My son is still in a hotel as a result of the fire in the apartment next to his.  Will probably be there for a couple more weeks at least.  And my daughter lost her electricity in that storm yesterday, and they are telling her it could be at least a couple weeks before power is back on.  

Today we have our monthly chapter meeting.  There is zumba afterwards, but if I wasn't ready for qigong, I definitely am not ready for that.  The meeting is fun.  Usually there is a guest speaker to talk about things related to our health and then a delicious healthy lunch is served.  This is where I was turned onto my new favorite salad dressing.  A bit more expensive than the others, but it's so worth it.  I'm treating myself to something not only tasty, but healthy.  Not the junk food I used to say was a treat.



Have a wonderful weekend.



4 comments:

  1. If I had to pick between qigong or zumba? No contest! Qigong! Zumba would kill me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about this zumba class is that it is chair zumba. Never thought one could dance seated, but it is possible. Instructor gives us the choice as to whether we want to stand or sit. Only problem today is that due to the chapter meeting, zumba can't be held in its regular space so it will be in another room and all standing.

      Delete
  2. The soups look yummy! I have saved the Chicken with Fennel and Orzo soup recipe. Thank you!!

    Your new handmade necklace looks great!!!

    Enjoy your weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we enter our cooler weather I am really, really looking forward to soups. Spicy, tasty, healthy soups.
    Despite your pain you have been very, very busy. And productive.

    ReplyDelete