Monday, May 7, 2018

Monday This and That

So, on Friday I got to downtown Brooklyn early and found myself craving an egg and cheese sandwich from IHop. I had eaten one last year and never forgot how good it was.  It was only 11 when I went in and placed my order.   "We don't have rolls", the girl behind the register said. "Okay", I replied, "I'll have it on whatever you have, bun or croissant". She starts to ring it up, then looks perplexed and calls another woman over. (Must have been the manager). She seems confused, too. "Do you mean the breakfast special egg sandwich?" I hadn't meant that, but I said, "Okay, I'll have that." She replies, "That's only good until 10 am." 

SO WHAT DOES SHE EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME ABOUT IT?

Then they start talking to each other, and it's apparent that they didn't know how to ring up my sandwich. UNBELIEVABLE. I stand there for a few listening to them. The manager then says something about 'ham and egg'. That's when I said, "I tell you what. Just forget about. I came in here for a simple egg and cheese sandwich. Since it seems to be so much trouble, I'll get it somewhere else?" And I walked out.

First time in chair yoga on Friday.  Yikes!!!!  Somehow when you hear the word 'chair' you think "oh that's easy".  Not so.   My body was moving in directions it had never moved before....and sometimes it just refused.  Sitting in a chair, turning sideways, stretching  my legs in two different directions and keeping them straight.  Sort of like a sitting down split. Things like that.  My body was just not very cooperative, and sometimes actually spoke to me as my joints cracked and moaned.  But I did it.  Stuck with it.

And afterwards Zumba?  Oh, am I ever a glutton for punishment, but you know what?  No matter how much I ache when I do it, I always feel better when I walk out.  

Made a huge pot of meat sauce for Saturday dinner.  Forgot it was Cinco de Mayo.  Would have made something different, but that's okay.  Pasta was something I had been craving, and now it is out of my system until the next craving a month or so from now.  
 On Sunday I headed off to church.  Mary was all decked out.
Made this with some my old beads over the weekend.  Practice.  Not as easy as it was when I was younger.  My fingers are not as agile, and my eyesight not as good.
Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Have never tried chair yoga but zumba is way too energetic for me! I have been doing some tai chi lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chair yoga sounds vicious. And quite a work-out. Glad that you stuck with it. Going on to zumba? I would be bed bound. For a week.

    ReplyDelete