Thursday, May 24, 2018

Throwback Thursday

Changes throughout the years.  You can see that by the 4th grade I was already taking care of myself, getting myself ready for school. Notice the sloppiness of my hair. This was when mom really became distant, when she took on her second life working during the day and spending evenings with her boyfriend, leaving me home with my alcoholic dad.  If only we could have a do over!  (Sigh)  If only mom had been a mom.  Perhaps my life would not have been filled with so much turmoil.  Perhaps I would have grown up with some self-esteem and not made so many poor choices in life.  And then again, perhaps I would have made the same choices.

When I look at these pictures, I get very emotional.  All these years I though mom hated me, but all these years she kept this one private picture album in her drawer for over 40 years so no one would see it.  Until she left home for the hospice for the last leg of her journey.  Then she brought it out for all to see, leaving it on her bed. 

Four years old

Kindergarten

First Grade

Second Grade

Third Grade

Fourth Grade

Fifth Grade

Sixth Grade

Seventh Grade

Eighth Grade

Ninth Grade
High School

4 comments:

  1. You look as if you have never changed in your looks since you were a little girl ... you have the same beautiful smile!

    You have come a long way and I am sure it was not an easy one at that. Too bad we are not given little crystal balls when we are born. Life is always so full of unknowns it seems.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those photos kept says that someone did indeed love you. Lots. Even if they were not able to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything goes back to our childhood. I am glad that you got to see these pictures and saw a little bit more into your mother’s heart. I would imagine that her childhood was without love and she had little to give. How sad for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete