Thursday, May 17, 2018

Throwback Thursday

Just a few of the memorable moments in my life.

Ralph and I on our first anniversary.  We went to a famous lobster place on Sheepshead Bay. We bought new outfits and dressed up. You can't see in this picture, but this was the last year I had a beautiful tan.  Even had our pictures done professionally.  When we walked into the restaurant all eyes were on us.  We looked like movie stars.  He ordered a gigantic lobster, and silly me ordered chicken.  I never liked seafood, but I could have had a steak.  Chicken was dry and not worth it.  Dinner was about $180.  Never splurged like that again.

Ralph and I at the Irish Fair about 20 years ago.  They have since built a minor league ballpark in it's spot.
From my retirement party.  Oh, how chubby I was.


 Meeting my grandchildren, great grandchildren, and cousin for the first time.  Tears of joy.  How blessed I am for second chances.

Meeting Donnie Wahlberg
Meeting Mark Wahlbert

My daughter's 50th birthday.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! These photos are wonderful! I love seeing pics like this and thank you so much for sharing these special memories with us.

    OMG, Donny Wahlberg ... I really like him in "Blue Bloods"! Is the pic below his brother Mark?? Were those taken at their family-owned burger place?

    Have a fabulous day, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son was in Bluebloods up until this year when he opted out for a chance to do movies. When they opened a Wahlberger's here on Coney Island, we were all invited to a private party before the grand opening.

      Delete
    2. That is so cool! May I ask who your son played on it since I do not know who he is? I wish him the best of luck in his acting career!!! ;)

      Delete
    3. My son was always in the police station scenes as one of the plain clothes officers. He decided it was time to move on because when you are a background player like that you don't get called for any really good parts.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you and Ralph made a gorgeous couple! And I'm sure you still do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos - and precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures. Can you imagine how much that lobster dinner would cost today?

    ReplyDelete