Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Roundup

Friday arrives quicker every week.  Maybe that's because I seem to get busier as the weeks go on.  Or maybe time has just speeded up.  They say it does that for those of us who are up in years.  Been a busy week, and I'm going to finish it off today with Chair Yoga and Zumba.  No dance.  That turned out to be at a different site.  That's okay.  It probably would have been too much for me anyway. 

Got some great ideas for naming my chicken dish.  Marked them down in my notebook. I'm planning on one day putting together a cookbook so I'll be showing some more original dishes and asking for name suggestions.

So I had another episode with USPS this week.  On the 3rd I'd ordered some Leather Cord String Threads and Cord Ends for my jewelry making.  Thought it would arrive on Saturday, but they put it for a Sunday delivery.  Well, the package arrived at the post office all right, but instead of sending it out for delivery, they forwarded it to the Jamaica, Queens post office.  Tried to say it was a wrong zip code, but when I called them on it, they admitted their mistake.  Got my package yesterday, but not before receiving this message from them on Wednesday, May 8.

On the way, but it may be late
From USPS at Monday, May 7.
Customer requested forward to new address
Your package can still arrive Sunday, May 6
We're working to get your package back on track. Please check back later for more delivery info from USPS.

Are they for real?  What has become of our postal service?  The utterly stupidity of it all.    

Needless to say, I got busy right away and made the following.  So simple to make.  Just had to trim to the length I wanted and add the findings.

So on Wednesday we learned a new line dance.  "Da Butt", song from the 1980's.  One thing I have NEVER been able to do is wiggle my butt.  No matter how hard I try, all of me seems to move with it.  But I must say, I am getting a little better...just a little.

More spring popping up in front of my building.  I really love this time of the year.  New life, new beginnings.  Have some goals in mind myself.  Just have to find a way to squeeze them in. 

I have completed several courses in Mother House of the Goddess and recently signed up for a Mother Mary Novena--a 9 day vigil.   Mary is Mary's special month. It's due to start on May 20th. I purchased a couple items from Amazon from the resource list, and I am very pleased with both.
My new Rosary.  It is much more beautiful in person.
 This is an awesome book for anyone who loves Mary.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you finally received your cord in the mail. I worked in a mail room for the last six years of my 13 1/2-year employment at Travelers Insurance and I totally get what you mean about the USPS ... what a bunch of idiots seriously LOL!

    Beautiful necklace, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New jewelry, new rosary, a great book AND butt wiggling! What a great week, eh Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the days simply whizzing past - and you have been super busy (and productive).

    ReplyDelete