Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Roundup


Yesterday the twig was brown and bare; To-day the glint of green is there; Tomorrow will be leaflets spare; I know no thing so wondrous fair, No miracle so strangely rare. I wonder what will next be there!

L.H. Bailey 

Friday morn and the weather has been wonderful.  I'm loving this.  The warmth of springs makes me feel alive and I get so much energy.  So, with that in mind, I am heading off the my classes this morning for Chair Yoga, Dance, and Zumba.  Now, mind you, this is a first for me.  I usually just go on Monday and Wednesday, but figured I would give this a try.  My back and knees haven't been so good lately, but I really would like to try it.  Even if I only do the Chair Yoga and Dance.  It's important with osteoarthritis to keep the body moving, but not to the point of adding unnecessary stress.  

Good news yesterday.  Lost 2 pounds.  I was kind of anxious about getting on that scale because I did a lot of comfort eating, but I guess what saved me was the 0 point soups and salads I was having for dinner.  Plus, I don't really go for sweets.  I was eating lots and lots of fruits, all good for you, but in moderation.  So, I didn't go over goal, remain in Lifetime Status, and don't have to pay this month.  

And in closing, a few pictures I took of spring in Brooklyn yesterday.  Been waiting a long time for it, and it seems overnight the leaves started to appear.    And it was.





The leaves appeared almost overnight.
 Monday
Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that pair of pictures from Monday to Thursday really tell the story of spring!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss, Mary! It always feels good when you get the added motivation by accomplishing what you started out to do! Next week, I begin my daily regiment of diet and exercise. As long as the weather holds up, I will be out walking my 45 minute stroll with my MP3 player to accompany me every day. LOL

    Beautiful pics, almost makes me want to live in the city.

    Enjoy your beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga Instructor Certification India
    is nothing but having your knowledge to the next level where you gain the ability to share it with others according to your expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is a such a joyful time. The world over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Our weather is finally nice here too -- this weekend will be great!

    In all my tarot soul card posts, I put the name of the deck from which each card comes in centred square brackets just underneath the image. I knew that tarot enthusiasts such as yourself would want to know!

    ReplyDelete