Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning.  Another week begins.  Are we ready for it?  Not sure if I am, but, I'll give it a try. Definitely not ready for dancing or the stretching of qigong yet, but I am going to attend meditation and arts and crafts today.  I love being involved in creative activities, and this class was just what I needed to get back into it.

Cloudy skies on Friday, but at least the rain held off until long after I was home from the monthly chapter meeting.  So glad I went.  It was very interesting.  A speaker from the Department of Finance was there offering information on a program that freezes your rent.  Then, we had a speaker who educated us on the balance issues that effect many of us senior citizens.  It was a very timely presentation as I have been experiencing some balance issues lately.  Afterwards, an awesomely healthy lunch of salad and flatbread was served.

Received this email on Friday: 

Hello:

We doubled charged you for your last order due to AVS mismatch error on our system. A refund process was initiated but could not be completed due to a n error in your billing information.We strongly advise you should resolve the problem to complete the refund process. Your credit card company or card-issuing bank will return the funds to your account, typically within 2-3 business days. If you have questions regarding when the funds will be released back into your account please follow up with your bank or credit card company. 

They then provided me with a response key which I immediately forwarded to Amazon.  Wasn't going to fall for this.  Amazon's response was:

Hi Mary,

This is Tim with Amazon's Customer Protection Review Team. Thank you for forwarding the email to us.

The e-mail message you received wasn't from Amazon.com. For your protection, do not respond to it, and do not open any attachments or click any links it contains.

Any time that you receive a suspicious email, you can contact us at stop-spoofing@amazon.com and attach a copy of the message in question.


I swear, these scammers will try anything.  And the sad part is, there are many out there who would fall for this and give them the info the requested.   

Saturday was a rainy day.  Stayed in and didn't do anything.  Just didn't have any motivation, but I did cook us a delicious meal.  
Chicken Cacciatore served with linguini and salad.  Pigged out maybe a bit too much, but I expected to, and I am not beating myself up about it.  I enjoy Italian food.  Heck, I enjoy food period, but Italian?  There is just something so special about it.

Sunday I went to the early mass and then headed to the fruit stand to stock up on salad stuff and fruit for the week. 
Took this picture at church yesterday.  These guys were awesome, but the shame of the matter is that they have to be there to protect us in the first place.  Church used to be a safe place.  

Purchased at the fruit stand.  Could not resists buying a small gelato.   They are so darned good.

Have a great day.



6 comments:

  1. You have armed guards at your church? Holy moly, this is a crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we do. That's the way it is here now. This world is definitely changed for the worse.

      Delete
  2. Sigh on the scammer front. It is obviously a very lucrative trade.
    And another sigh on the need for protection to go about an every day life.
    I hope your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame church members have to be guarded.

      Delete
  3. Chicken Cacciatore is always one of my favorite meals! I love making it with linguine as well!

    My mom had had a lot of issues with scammers calling her on her phone and trying to tell her it is the IRS and demanding money from her and her SS number. I told her NEVER go for it because the IRS will NEVER ask you that info over the phone anyhow. Thank God she is a very smart lady, too smart for the scammers!

    That Chocolate gelato looks heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the good ones was a scammer who told me I was owed money from a big lawsuit against the makers of a certain birth control pill and that I was eligible to receive some money. Hung up on me when I told him I never took a birth control pill in my life.

      Delete