Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning everyone and a happy start to the new week.  Hope all you mother's out there had a fantastic day.  My Mother's Day was very quiet.  My daughter is out in Pennsylvania, one of my sons is in California, my other son is having a hard time since his apartment was destroyed in a fire, and my other son?  Well,  as far as he is concerned I don't exist.  I don't blame him.  He's been told some pretty nasty, untrue things about me by my mom.  I just wish he'd give the truth a chance. 

Went to church in the morning.  They always have such a beautiful ceremony in honor of Mother Mary and all of us mothers on Mother's Day. I love it when they honor women.  But unfortunately,  it was a very disappointing service today.  There is one priest who is just so darn boring.  He just sticks to what he wants to say.  No little jokes or stories like the others who make their sermons something interesting to listen to.  No, what does he choose to talk about on Mother's Day?  How our sins change as we grow older and the importance of confession.  He made me sorry I even went. 

So, it was quiet day for me.  I didn't feel like any fancy meals after the way I pigged out last week so this chick pea salad was my dinner last night....and it was so yummy and very easy to make. 
1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
Grape tomatoes, the kind that come in different colors
Red onion
Parsley
Olive oil
Lemon juice

That's it for the ingredients.  I put it in the fridge for a couple hours after mixing everything.  Totally awesome. And plenty left over for lunch today.

Won't be going back to chair yoga and zumba any time soon.  Went on Friday and could barely walk on Saturday.  My back hurt so bad.  Spent half the day on a heating pad using my cane to pull myself from the chair when I had to get up.  Then the other half of the day I did a little cooking and some movement to reset my back.  In all fairness, our instructor spent a lot of time explaining about listening to our bodies and not pushing ourselves, to not push ourselves to do anything that didn't feel right, but do I listen?  No, I kept telling myself if I worked through the pain it would be okay...and it was....until I woke up the next day.  Haven't felt that bad in years.  Fortunately, I am feeling better now, but I think I am only going to attend meditation and arts and crafts today.  Giving my body a chance to heal.

My daughter sent me some beautiful wooden beads. Can't wait to get started with them.
Not going to Qigong or dance this morning.  Have to give my body some healing time.  I certainly to want to over-extend myself and be out of commission for months like I was the last time.  I do plan on going to meditation and arts and crafts, though.  

Have a great Monday.



8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your back -- hope it gets better soon. And what a wonderfully colourful salad -- it looks so delicious and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome of your daughter to send you the beads to craft with! I am sure you will have lots of fun using them. BTW, where in PA does your daughter live? Just curious because I live in Berks County, PA.

    I, myself, can not lecture anyone else about "over-doing it" since I admit that I am just as guilty much pf the time. But, we are only human, right?

    Hope you feel better soon and have a great time today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do silver sneakers yoga and I love it but I have to be careful since I had a call and mine shoulder is bad. I actually sit front and center so my guy can keep an eye on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my own fault. I have an old hairline fracture of the spine and arthritis has set in. I felt the twinges but I kept going.

      Delete
  4. That salad looks delicious.
    Perhaps chair yoga would be right for you if you took it more slowly?
    I hope your back is improving. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chair yoga just isn't for me. We had to turn the chair around and put our hands on the seat and do a lot of twisting and stretching exercises. I have carpal tunnel in remission and it was really hurting my hand.

      Delete
  5. Oh no Mary, so sorry to hear about your back. How awful! Hope you are on the mend and taking it easy.
    That looks like a delicious salad, just so happens I have a can of chick peas in the cupboard,tomato and parsley in the fridge. Might have to give your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete