Thursday, May 10, 2018

Name This Dish

 Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.
Marcel Boulestin

As much as I love cooking, there are many times I just want to cut corners.  I want to eat well and I want something delicious, but I'm tired.  I  wish I didn't have to cook,  but I don't want to order out either.That's where Purdue carved chicken breast comes in.  I always keep some on hand, usually to put on my salad nights to add some protein to my meal.  But, sometimes I throw it in a pot with lots of spices and make a hot meal of it. 



1 package Purdue carved chicken breasts (original)
Sweet peppers
Onion
Garlic
Chicken bullion
Rosemary
Cumin
Marjoram
Bijol coloring and seasoning
Spain's gourmet spicy seasoning.

And very simple to make.  First, I saute the peppers, onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.  Then, I just add the rest of the ingredients with a little water.  Simmer.  Note:  I cook to taste so I don't use tbs or tsp.  It's all up to you how you want it to taste. 

Don't know what to call this dish.  Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. This look scrumptious! I must try making this for dinner.

    Yes, my grandmother would never give me measurements for any of her recipes, just "a pinch of this" and "a dash of that." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, name? How about Spicy Chicken Delight or Chicken & Pepper Delight??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow recipes quite carefully - the first time I make something. After that (and often even on the first try) I adjust to taste.
    I am no help on the naming front though. I make a savoury mince dish for himself - and we call it mince mess. I am told it tastes great though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cha Cha Chicken! It will have you dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delish. I only measure when baking sweets but other than that it is a pinch or a dash for most dishes I make. The way my stomach has been lately, the spicy seasoning would be less than a pinch.

    ReplyDelete