Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Pet Peeves

So I got to my classes early yesterday.  Never know how these buses are going to run.  I was just in time for dance, and I debated...should I or shouldn't I.  Should I won out, and I participated, but not until I explained to the facilitator that I would be taking it slow.  And I sat when I needed to.  Pain this morning upon rising, but not like Saturday. 

I was making some egg salad for Ralph's lunch before I left for class yesterday and got to thinking how much I dislike making egg salad.  I love cooking, but something as simple as making egg salad really turn me off.   Got me to do some thinking.

There are certain things I really don't mind  doing around the house such as cooking, decorating, window gardening, all things that I love,  but there are other things that just get my goat.  Of course there are the biggies like oven cleaning, ironing, and scrubbing pots, but in this post I am talking about the little things I hate doing, simple things that take only a minimal amount of effort and a small amount of time such as:

Dusting.  I don't why, I just don't like to dust. Takes only a few minutes of my time, but I have to force myself to do it.  I love the scent of the lemon pledge and the shiny look of my furniture when I am done, but it's not amongst my favorite chores.

Cleaning the mirrors.  Keeping up with it makes it an easy chore, but hubby has a thing for mirrors.  Drives me nuts.  We have a small three-room apartment, but in it we have two large mirrors in the bedroom, each on opposite sides of the room, 3 full length mirrors on doors, a medicine cabinet mirror, and my moon and stars mirror.  Hmmm!  Just realized no living room mirror.  Not going to bring it up.
Displaying my crystals.  I have so many beautiful ones and want so much to showcase them, but I just can't figure out how.  I don't really have the space which is why I have been doing a lot of de-cluttering, but that hasn't opened up much room because I have a hard time getting rid of anything.  So they are scattered throughout the room...making it look even more cluttered.






And I have so many more packed away.  I really do have to stop.  Anyone collect crystals here?  If you do, how do you showcase yours?  Need suggestions.

Putting cookware and storage containers away.  It's just so hard to keep them neat.  Sometimes I just don't have the time and once something is put in haphazardly everything starts to spiral downhill.  I would really love to get that stacking cookware I see on television, but I have a feeling that even that will eventually fall into disarray.

Changing the toilet paper or paper towel roll.  I cannot stand changing these.  I'll deliberately use napkins instead of paper towels so I can put off changing it as long as I can.

Making the bed.  Maybe it's because I'm now living in chronic pain.  I don't know, but I hate making the bed.  And changing the sheets even moreso.  But, it does get done because now I include hubby in it so he does one side and I the other.

So, there you have it.  The little things that irk me.  How about you?  What are some of the things you really don't like to do?

5 comments:

  1. LOL, well I am definitely with you on the PITA (pain in the a**) bed making and putting away the storage containers which ALWAYS manage to fall out of my shelves and drawers no matter how well I think I stacked them. I am the opposite as far as I HATE cooking, it just bores me for some reason and I would much rather dust the furniture and clean the house than cook. In fact, I would love it if I had a man to cook for me and I would gladly do the dishes afterwards ... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as my crystals, etc., I actually keep them around my reiki and altar rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like dusting.
    And we have a LOT of ornaments so it is a huge job. One which doesn't get done often enough.
    I am not a fan of cleaning the bathrooms either - but love it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't collect crystals but I do have a large collection of Goddess statues and figurines (about 100). To prevent having to dust them, I keep almost all of them in one large glassed-in cabinet. That way all the (divine) clutter is in one place too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never liked making the bed. What's the point? You are only going to mess it up again anyway lol. I don't like dusting either, probably because as soon as you walk away it doesn't even look like you did it :D
    I love egg salad, but sometimes I dunno. I think it's more when the shells don't want to cooperate and peel off. I saw a kitchen hack thing where it suggested using one of those hand crank cheese graters to mince the egg up. Great thing when you have to mash a lot of eggs.

    ReplyDelete