Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Ramble


It's Wednesday, and another oppressive day of heat.  I'm tired of feeling like this...listless, tired...just don't have much interest in doing much of anything.  Time outdoors is no fun, and time indoors can be just as miserable with these brownouts they've been having.  I understand it's the lesser of the two evils, but that doesn't cut it when I awake in the morning with my head drenched in sweat.  My hair has grown to halfway down my back for the first time since I was a teenager.  Mostly I pull it back in a ponytail or pin it up, but it just means something to me to have it long...Don't ask me to explain because I don't know why it's so important either....probably because it took me over 40 years to grow it this long.  LOL!!!  Now, don't get me wrong.  My hair doesn't grow 'that' slow, but I was always chopping it when it reached a certain length.  

You know, sometimes things happen that at first cause us a great deal of pain, and then, as time goes on, and we learn to work with it, we find out it was actually a gift in disguise.  Amazingly, as time passes by, I find myself feeling so much less stressed and more at peace with myself here at work.  Believe me, this is not the way I really wanted it to be.  I don't like friction, but as the friction has worn down, and I have adjusted myself to the fact that we are no longer friends...if that's what you would call it...I've come to realize that this falling out was something that had been in the making for a long time now.  You all know how stressed I've been at work; I knew my office mate contributed to my stress, but didn't know how much until this happened.  

Ironically, nothing else has changed; she still spends much of her time on the phone or playing games, but I've learned to tune that out....and without the use of my headphones.  Why couldn't I have done this before?  Why did it take a strain in our office relationship to teach me how to focus and to tune out?  I don't know, but what I do know is that it feels good.  I guess it just takes some of us longer to learn.

And in closing, I would like to share a great quote I came across today.  

"People are like tea bags.  You find out how strong they are when you put them in hot water."--Anonymous

Somehow that says it all.  

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are learning to cope...less stress is good...Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that a nice cool breeze finds you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quote and sometimes things do have a way of working out

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you now have less stress at work. Nobody wants to go to work everyday really disliking their job. The sad thing is, it's not so much the job as just a few co-workers. Wishing you an awesome week!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the saying lol.
    I hoped from now on your work life will get even calmer. BB*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quote. We are still dealing with the heat also. I'm more of a spring and autumn person myself. We should think about those cooler months Mary. They won't be far off. X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just telling my daughter what a horrible summer we are having. Like you said, you simply can't be outside, the plants are looking dreadful, the fountains are collecting that hideous green film caused by the humidity and my swing looks quite lonely :0) but I always tell myself, "it could be worse" right? Glad to hear you are more at ease with the job situation XO (Love the new look!)

    ReplyDelete