Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Makia....the Third Principle


Good morning to everyone out there in Blogland.  Well, the humidity's up again, and the temperature is rapidly rising.  It's nice to know, though, that fall is on its way.  I just love those crisp, cool breezes.  I will say this though, "this certainly has been a summer to remember".  

And now on to the third principle.  Originally, I hadn't planned on posting on all of them at once, but on second thought, I felt it would be best.  Too many different posts in between, and I lose my complete train of thought. Plus, I have been reading this book with breakneck speed and although I have ordered another book on Huna, there's no telling which book I will pick up and read next.  I've also been considering taking an online course.  I've been looking around for a good one, and think I may have found it.

The third principle of Huna is Makia (ma-Kee-a)--energy goes where our attention goes.  In other words, be focused. Focusing your attention on a particular object or idea causes the energy to flow in that direction, and wherever there is a flow of energy and attention, events are created....according to the nature of your thoughts. So, if you are putting out positive thoughts, then you can expect to have positive energy flow back.  On the other hand, if you are put negative energy out in the universe, this will bring back negative energy in the world around you as well; hence, negative results come into your life. 

For example, let's say that you want more money in your life.  In this case you would focus on creating more money rather than focusing on having debts and not enough money.

Many cultures use this principle as a form of meditation. You are meditating whenever you are engaged in sustained focused attention.  By focusing your mind on one aspect of a situation, you reinforce its power.  The author, Serge Kahili King presents the following exercise to help you understand the possibilities that lie inherent in Makia.


To demonstrate how energy flows from where attention goes, pull up a chair and try to lift it by holding its back. Concentrate on the chair, feel its weight.  Now, repeat the exercise, this time focusing on the area located one foot above the chair.  If your focus is good, you will see that the chair seems much lighter.  "The energy goes where the attention goes."

You, too, can develop this skill and bring positive energy back into  your life.  Remember...do not focus on fear and anger, but focus instead on joy and happiness.  You CAN do this.  Start with the smaller things first.  You have the ability to change your life.  Change your attention and change your world.

5 comments:

  1. Good advice. Love the photo of those Bluebells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoying these post's about Huna so much...Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to chat with a lady who always said "energy flows where attention goes." I really love that.

    I do wish we had a store in NY so you could leave that job where you are so underappreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this series!

    There's an award for you at my blog : )

    ReplyDelete