Sunday, February 4, 2024

Soup's On

 

The sun was finally shining in Brooklyn yesterday....after 11 days of gray skies.  But despite the sun, and it was wonderful to see, it was cold.  Went and did my weekly supermarket run in the morning and waiting for the bus, which is 3 blocks from the water, was cold and blustery. Ended up with cold chill in my bones that just wouldn't go away so I put together a nice spicy soup to warm up the old bones. I always keep soup ingredients on hand just for this reason.

Ingredients:  Chick peas, carrots, celery, diced tomatoes with chilies, spinach, peppers, onions, no salt chicken broth, garlic powder, black pepper, cardamom, harissa, and parsley.

2 comments:

  1. It's been raining all day today. I don't mind though. I like the overcast skies. Looks like good soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bowl of warming soup is always welcome.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete