Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Brr!!! It's Cold Out There

 It was a miserable day out there yesterday.  Didn't get much snow, but the sidewalks were a slushy mess.  Party and Bingo were both canceled.  Still a few people braved the weather to go in. Just a few.  Since I got older, the snow is no longer my friend.  Oh, it's pretty to look at, the first day, but after that it turns into a slippery, gray mess of slush.  Not my cup of tea.  

Won't be heading out today either.  By afternoon yesterday the sun was shining and snow and slush were melting. (strange storm)  However, during the night the temps went down, the wind revved up, and now everything that melted is ice.  They are having Shepherd's Pie today at the center, one of my favorites, but it's not worth risking an injury to get there. 

Can't complain about this winter though.  Up til now it's been pretty good.  A few cold days here and there, but just last week I was wearing a spring jacket to the center.  

Had some cabbage and carrots I bought over the weekend so I threw a cabbage soup together.  Great for dinner on a nasty day.



Ground beef, carrots, celery, cabbage, onions, peppers, kidney beans, garlic powder, cumin, chili, onion powder, beef broth, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, much better to stay home where it's safe and warm rather than go out and risk a fall. Enjoy your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy a warm day at home. I made cabbage soup the last storm we had. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't go out walking in the snow if and when we get any either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cabbage soup on a cold day sounds great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete