Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Happy Hump Day

 It's a warm, but wet day here.  Some heavy storms and wind comiing later. I ad already decided last night that I was going to stay in today, and I am glad I did.  Having some tummy issues this morning.  Been awhile since it happened, and I've spent the morning trying to figure out the trigger.  All I could come up with was the Woman's Alive vitamins I just started taking.  Discovered tummy issues can be a side effect. Just going to eat lightly today. 

I'm pretty pleased with my building now.  A lot of millenials (I keep wanting to call them yuppies, but that fazed out) living here now,  and they have really taken the bull by the horns.  Our old super, who was wonderful, bought his own home, and now we have the super from hell.  He lies, ignores you, does inferior repair jobs, and many times will leave you waiting all day for him and never shows up.  Thanks to the millenials we now have a Tenants Association and hold meetings at least once a month.  Major jobs such as the front door have been fixed, but minor ones?  Forget about it.  I've had drips in my bathroom and kitchen faucets for a year now.  Both need a new fixture, and we are not going to buy it.  He promises he will be here this Saturday...after some threats to notify management on my part.  We shall see.


We have a lot of feral cats around here. They have a pretty good life for ferals.  They are well fed and have a home under a trailer next door.  But, we tenants wanted to do more for them so we got them this insulated dog house, and some are actually using it.



This very sweet, very friendly little girl showed up last night outside our building wearing a diamond studded collar and a bell.  Turns out she is the super's cat and he left her here knowing there were lots of cat lovers in the building who would take care of her.  Lucky little girl found a new home on the second floor.  Glad for her, but shame on the super for just dropping her off like that.

And that's all for today.

 



6 comments:

  1. It's a real shame when people just regard their pets as disposable. I hope your taps get fixed this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I decided to stay indoors today, due to the cold weather we're having here, but that's okay with me. It's nice not having to do all that running around.

    Hope your stomach feels better soon!

    Take good care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see my comments are coming through okay.
    Thanks to Debra for copying/pasting my comment on your previous post. It's great that we bloggers help each other out.

    Do hope your tummy settles down soon.
    That house for the cats looks good.

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrible that the super just left his cat there like that.

    ReplyDelete