Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  I am not liking this wet weather.  I was just starting to enjoy getting out in the sun, and the rain came again.  Heard this was going to be a wetter summer.  Don't know how true it is, but it sure looks like it so far.

So far this seems to be my best morning since the allergies hit.  A lot less coughing.  Hoping the allergy pills have finally taken hold.

Decided to switch things up this week. No soups and salads. In all honesty, it's getting too hot for soup. While it's true that homemade soup and salad are healthy to eat and low on points, when you eat the same thing over and over again your metabolism slows. Switching things up speeds it up. So today I made some balsamic roasted broccoli and some roasted curried cauliflower. Will have that with some grilled chicken. Later in the week I hope to make some cumin scented peas and minted carrots. Also adding some refried beans to the menu. The fat free beans are zero points.

Veggies were simple to make and called for few ingredients.

One head of cauliflower sprinkled with olive oil, curry powder, and cumin.  Toss and roast in the oven.

Broccoli, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.  Toss and roast in the oven. 

Both came out so yummy.

So Food for Life is now on Wednesday afternoons.  They changed it again.  What else is new?  I went yesterday all prepared to spend the entire day. On a plus side, coming home earlier than expected helped me beat the heavier rainfall, but  this constant changing of days is not fair to those of us who really enjoy that class.   But, on the plus side, I did beat the worst of the rain home.  No sooner did I take my sweater off than the skies opened up.

Have a good one.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They were delicious. One spicy and the other tart.

      Delete
  2. That does look good! Good luck with the allergies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Never had allergies until this year...and then they hit me with quite a wallop.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your weather is much like ours here...sunny and pleasant one moment, then a deluge the next! Trouble is, you never know where you are with weather like this... :/
    Wow, those roast veg really do sound (and look) absolutely delicious. I will definitely try them asap.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes! :))

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. Woke up with the rain falling and now the sun is shining. Crazy weather.

      Delete
  5. The vegies look and sound delicious.
    We have been promised a dryer winter than usual (which is when most of our years inadequate rain falls). Some world wide moderation would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some world wide moderation would be nice, wouldn't it? Not the same weather I remember when I was growing up.

      Delete
  6. I do enjoy broccoli and cauliflower, two of my favourite vegetables.

    Here in the UK they reckon that this month of June will be our wettest on record for some time and it's still only the 11th!!!

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we are in for the wettest as well.

      Delete
  7. Your food always looks delicious!
    Allergies can be so bothersome.
    Sounds as if your class can't get it together. How annoying...especially when you go through so much to get there 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they finally have it settled. I plan my day out and then have to change it. Not fair.

      Delete
  8. cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables....
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it stops raining for you soon! We've been getting lots of rain too! The vegetables look really good! Thanks for the information about changing things up, I never knew that! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changing things up is what my leader always says. I did this week. We will see what happens.

      Delete