Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



 Beautiful flower in the park.


My union retirees Christmas party.  I miss them all, but I just can't do it anymore.  Can't sit for the two hour bus ride and discovered at the party last week that one dance was all I could muster.


Recognize her from Blue Bloods?  At the grand opening party of Wahlburger's of Coney Island.


My daughter and I.  Both with our glasses on our heads.  Like mother like daughter.


 My beautiful granddaughters.


I love putting these veggies in my soups.  Makes them extra healthy.  Usually I don't eat squash, but I do when it's in these packages. 

My goddaughter.

Dusk in the park.
My first pet, Susie.  She lost one of her back legs when she was hit by an oil truck.  Got along as well as any dog with 4 legs.  My girl was extra special, and 52 years later I still cry for her.

One of my feasts.

My 2nd great uncle and his wife Dagmar.  She was from Sweden. 

My second great grandmother, Constance Mary Hazel.  Unsure who the baby is.  Mary was a very special lady. When she was born on December 10, 1880, in Stalham, Norfolk, England, her father, Richard, was 22, and her mother, Harriet, was 21. Ger dad died when she was just 3 months old.  Her mom remarried and came to America with her new hubby. Constance Mary was married two  times and had four sons and two daughters. One son passed away when he was 12 years old.  They say he drowned while crossing an iced up lake.  She died on March 3, 1956, in Dover, New Jersey, at the age of 75, and was buried in Randolph, New Jersey.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of pictures! Your second great grandmother had an amazing birthday....if I do say so myself!! :-). (Well the day...my year is obviously different...by 98 years!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see all of the smiling faces in your photos :)
    Susie was adorable, poor baby.
    You sure know how to setup a great feast!!!
    Have a wonderful day.
    BTW.... beautiful flower 💮

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I so often say, your family photos are the most precious treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is beautiful …
    Thanks for showing and sharing your family photographs with us.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the shared memories and great photos! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete