Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



This was my school picture the year I began taking care of myself in the mornings.  Notice how straggly my hair was.  

Six of my great grandchildren.  This was taken a few years before Sadie was born.

This is Sadie.  Hard to believe she heading for a year old already.

My little mermaid statue.  She comes out of the China Closet every summer.

My sweet Miss Minga.  I miss her so much.

Mom's high school picture.

This was our house in Berkshire Valley, NJ.  I rented the upstairs apartment from mom and dad.

The famous Nathan's at Coney Island.

My daughter's wedding in Colorado. The marriage did not even last a year.

Me and my little friend from across the street.  She has passed on now.  She used to come out in her yard and wait with me while I waited for the bus.  We didn't speak the same language, but the friendship between was there.

11 comments:

  1. I love when you share photos, vintage and present, of your family, friends and life.
    I am thinking of starting a second blog with this same theme in mind.
    Your mermaid is adorable.
    You friend who has passed on, looks so sweet and kind. How lovely that two neighbors communicated even though there was a language difference.
    Have a lovely day Mary 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss her. I know she is gone, but a part of me keeps hoping she will come out of her basement apartment and stand with me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get to know our friends so much through photos, thank you for sharing these today, it was lovely,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy seeing the photos of others and sharing mine. You are so right about that.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I too thoroughly enjoy seeing the photographs you share.
    So nice to see your great-grandchildren, and your last photograph of you and your friend, who has since passed on is very special, she looks a very nice lady.

    Blessings to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very special relationship we had. As soon as I got to the bus stop, she would come in her front yard and greet me. Sometimes she was chewing and must have left her food to come stand with me. I really do miss her.

      Delete
  5. Hi Again Mary!
    I just finished setting up my other blog.
    I believe that you might like my first posting...
    here is the link https://morningcoffeeandtoast.blogspot.com/
    I do have a click on link on my art blog. Hope you enjoy your visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love your photos.
    I have developed a friendship with an elderly Slavic woman who sells flowers in town. I don't understand everything she says by any means, but I am always pleased to see her, and I think she is pleased to see me. Her flowers are lovely too, and occasionally I buy some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These friendships are amazing, aren't they? When it comes to friendship it doesn't matter whether or not you speak the same language.

      Delete
  7. aww... you and your mom look so pretty when both of you at young age...

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete