Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday Roundup


As another week comes to an end, I am happy to say it has been a better one.  I suffered those past two weeks.  It was good to feel pretty much normal again...aside from the lingering cough from the post nasal drip.  But at least I am not hacking away from morning to night.

Monday was another rainy day.  Fortunately, the heavy stuff held out until I was safely at home.  In Wellness class we discussed exercise in the summer heat and the things we seniors have to look out for.  A very interesting class.  Food for Life was changed to Wednesday again.  But when Wednesday came around, it was moved back to Monday.   I do wish they could get it straight so I can plan out my week. Needless to say, this has been since the very beginning, and I am about ready to give up.

Tuesday was another washout.  Stayed in and worked on some jewelry.  But that didn't last long.  By 12:30 I was back in bed and slept until almost 4 pm.  Guess my body needed it. 

It's been a week of awesome lunches at the center.  It seems someone donated a lot of money for us to have some special meals during the month of June.

 This the month's menu.


On Tuesday they served shrimp tacos.  Since I don't eat shrimp I got a pork taco instead.  It was huge.  This is only the half I brought home.  It was served with yucca and salad.


OMG!!!  I can't say enough about this meal. Filet Mignon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, mandarin slices, and pistachio ice cream.  All for $1.50.

So I wanted to warn everyone who has FB messenger about a scam going around... 

A few days ago I received a PM from an old friend I haven't heard from in a long time telling me that she received a large sum from grant money that was allotted for seniors, disabled, etc. and that she saw my name on the list. She was wondering if I had collected mine yet.  If not, would I like the name of the agent and his number?

Okay so she texts me the number of some agent whose name I could not even find on  Google. Right there it told me something was up.  So I went to her FB page. She mentioned nothing on her page about her windfall. I would think if she had received this money she would have said something. Then I checked out her Messenger. Not one message on there. The fake person then kept contacting me and asking why I didn't believe her, that it was true.  So, I asked, "If you really are (no names) tell me the name of the Yahoo group we met on." No response. 

Here is a part of the text starting after she contacted me and asked me how me and the family were. 

The agent name is Agent Collymore Shaw Robertson Sr., text him to his phone number here.
(202) 810-2916.  


I think the agent is online now try to get in touch with him now so you can able to confirm if your name is still on the winning list so that you can also claim your winning money as well too like i did

Then, after I called it a scam I got this message.
No, what do you mean? Of course this is real and legit because I have already received my money already I won't have told you about this if I haven't received my money yet.  Have i ever told you anything like this before?

It ended when I asked her what the name of the Yahoo group was.


Had I fallen for it and texted or called that number back, I would of opened up my computer for a major scam. Beware. I think they are going through their friend's list and getting names. And, let me say this, IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT'S NOT TRUE. And what bothers me the most is that they are targeting the most needy people, unemployed, disabled, and retired.

Have a wonderful weekend.




18 comments:

  1. Those darn scammers never stop, if they would put half that effort in good deeds we would all benefit, yummy meals! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. They spend so much time thinking up ways to scam us out of our money.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Mary.
    Thank you so much about the information about yet another scam on FB. I can't believe this world we live in now.

    You at least had a good lunch at the center but what is with that other place...crazy!

    Hope you are soon yourself again. Colds sure can hang on 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just breaks my heart what is going on in the world and how many people are out there trying to scam us.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for outwitting that scammer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals looks scrumptious!!!

    I hate the scammers! Glad you didn’t fall for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sick of people trying to scam me out of my money. They especially hit seniors. And so many fall for it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary! So happy you're feeling much better. Lobster, filet mignon, etc... that's some good eating there!! Enjoy.
    As for the scamming, it's everywhere. They're using the area code and local numbers to call your home now so it looks like they're calling from your town. It's crazy. Glad you questioned it immediately. Have a lovely weekend. xoxo ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scammers are getting so much more sophisticated. One really has to pay attention or they will fall victim.

      Delete
  6. I love yucca and asparagus...yummy...
    Have a great Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yucca, and it's very good for arthritis, but asparagus? Haven't liked it since I was a kid.

      Delete
  7. That looks like a truly spectacular menu.
    Enjoy it.
    Sigh on the resceduling and a bigger sigh at the scammers who thrive world wide. Glad you picked up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is many won't pick up. Hubby, for example, started glowing when I told him about the money and told me I should contact them. He ended up with a stern lecture from me.

      Delete
  8. My mom recently received a scam phone call from someone pretending to be my son (her grandson). Things that tipped her off:
    1. Not his voice (scammer said he had a cold)
    2. She asked what’s new and scammer said “you know grandma school the usual” Said grandson is long out of school!
    3. She asked him something and he got “snippy” . Said grandson is Never rude or short with people!
    She hung up!!
    Thanks for warning people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a big scam going around about a supposed family member being incarcerated and needing bail money. They ask you to get gift cards and send them in of all things. I know someone who fell for this.

      Delete
  9. So pleased you realised the scam!

    Love the look of the menu.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete