Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning everyone.  Despite the weather, I have to say I had an amazing week.  On Monday I left here before 9 to get my haircut and then headed over to the center.  Wellness class was about healthy relationships.  Very interesting.  I was even able to admit to the class that I had spent 15 years in a toxic relationship.  Cooking class was canceled again.  Not even newsworthy anymore.  I just hope it's true what they said about an intern from the Culinary Institute teaching it.

Tuesday I don't usually attend the center, but I did attend this week for the monthly birthday party celebration.  What fun....and what food.  No way will I get on the scale this week.  Chips, nuts, a great meal of sausage, mashed potatoes, and peas and carrots was followed by a Carvel sundae in a cup. Oh so yummy.

These are two of the cats I feed.  They are sitting right below my kitchen window waiting for their food. 

Bullseye and....
Ms. Gray. 

Wednesday and Thursday they served special meals once again at the center.  On Wednesday they served lobster mac & cheese, asparagus and salad.  I don't eat lobster so I had the alternate--peanut pork, gondulas and rice, and salad.  Delicious.


On Thursday we had bbq'd short ribs, mac & cheese, and brussel sprouts.  

I have really overdone these past few weeks and have fallen way off track with my weight loss.  Only one more week of special foods and then I'm seriously going to straighten myself out.  I am going to attend a WW meeting on Saturday morning, but no scale.  I'll pay, but I don't want to see how far off I am.  I want to have a chance to start righting myself before I see what I weigh.  I worked too hard for this, and now I just seem to be throwing it away.  Lost all control and it's not only what I eat at the center.  It continues at home as well.  How's two pints of ice cream in a week?

Off to the center this morning.  Wish I could participate in the exercise as I did last week, but I paid the price with worsening back pain so I'm going to steer clear of it.  Jewelry class in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful weekend.


17 comments:

  1. Wow, they feed you well at the Centre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullseye and Ms. Gray are adorable.
    Well it would seem that your cooking class isn't working to well.
    Those meals sure look and sound delicious from the center.
    Don't beat yourself up over WW...you'll be just fine 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start fresh in July. I thought Bullseye was the perfect name for him because his eyes are circled in black.

      Delete
  3. That centre provided incredible meals.
    Love the cats. And your determination. You can do it. You will do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some good cooks, but it's wrecking havoc with my diet.

      Delete
  4. A Gemini birthday party, now how cool is that.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. They do a party each month. I've a long wait for mine.

      Delete
  5. It sure is nice of you to be feeding those two adorable cats, I'm sure they look forward to that!

    I'm so sorry to hear that you're having back pain, I truly hope the pain you're having will go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I could do more for them. They live such a rough life.

      Delete
  6. They look like such sweet little kitties anxiously awaiting their dinner from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so sweet and I think the Ms. Gray will be having little ones.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang you guys are eating well at that center!!!

    Face the scales...seeing the number will motivate you to right the wrong!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading over to a meeting. No scale, but I need the support of the meeting.

      Delete
  9. sweet cats....and delicious food...yummy
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. The centre does provide some great meals.
    Those two cats do look sweet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete