Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


The scrambler.   Used to go on this all the time when we went to Bertrand's Island.  It was the first ride when you entered the park and the last ride when you left.  One of my favorite all-time rides.  Still is.  This and the whip are the only rides I will go on at Coney Island.

My son's girlfriend gave me this beautiful Angel.

I Think this was my 56th birthday.

A spice lover's dream.

My dad on the left.  An Elvis Presley look alike.  Word has it that he was considered the best catch in town.  

Made this little fairy garden a couple of years ago.

Spooky looking.  The Old Settler's Burial Ground in Lancaster, MA.  Several of my Prescott ancestors are buried here.

My three grandchildren.  I have a 4th, but no one in the family sees her. 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, handsome men, beautiful grands, beautiful creations, beautiful figurines, exciting rides, beautiful you , and I love old grave yards, we have several in our small village, I’ve done grave stone rubbings of my ancestors who came here from Scotland in the 1800s , strange I know but there is beauty in all things, it’s just in the eye of the beholder right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie. I love finding grave sites of my ancestors. Your grave stone rubbings sound very interesting. Indeed they are beautiful.

      Delete
  2. A lovely and eclectic collection of photos.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    Your fourth grandchild is estranged from the family? How sad for her and for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wife left my son and disappeared with the daughter. He knows where she is, but does nothing to reach out to her. This is the son who is estranged from us as well.

      Delete
  3. Love the fairy garden and the cool old grave yard!! Super fun photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OI went fairy garden crazy one year. Now I have too many.

      Delete
  4. Very enjoyable post - always love when you share your family and personal pics. I also remember the scrambler - always rode it at local carnivals and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite all-time ride. Glad that Coney Island still has it.

      Delete
  5. I recall the scrambler and the octopus. I don't think I have any Prescott in my lineage. But I have so ancestors buried up in Herkimer County.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started my genealogy several years ago. Such an enjoyable hobby.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your photographs.
    Love your little fairy garden.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. replica omega watches uk, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica omega speedmaster watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete