Thursday, May 2, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends



This was my old house in Berkshire Valley, New Jersey.  My mom and dad owned the house, and I rented the upstairs apartment.  We moved there when I was 18.  I left and moved to Greenwich Village at 26.



 I always loved this picture.  The full moon over the church on Christmas Eve.  My son and I were across the street waiting for the bus when I snapped this one.


It was early spring at Coney Island.  This man had a long stick and was walking around the beach looking for trinkets.  The tool would let him know when metal was found.  I forget what you call it.

Another view of Coney Island in the spring.  So quiet.

 The famous Wonder Wheel of Coney Island.


This is my crystal pendulum.

First time back visiting my home.  It has since been sold. 


Brooklyn College in the spring.

A gift from my daughter.

Me with my grandmother and grandfather.  I was about 4 I guess.

A later picture with my grandparents.

This was me with really dark hair.

My mom.  How much we look alike.

10 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful images of family and everyday life. I enjoyed them all.
    You do look like your mother but you have your own heart and soul.

    Hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I may look like mom, but I follow my own heart. I try not to be cruel to anyone.

      Delete
  2. These pics are fabulous! And, yes you do resemble your mother quick a bit. ;-)

    Nice crystal pendulum. I am curious, do you ever use it for reiki during your practice on others? I use mine for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used it yet for Reiki. So far I have only used it on special days to contact my mom, dad, and grandparents.

      Delete
  3. I think that stick is a metal detector.
    You are like your mother, and as always I envy your family photos. And the fact you met your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what it was. I couldn't remember what to call it. I only knew my maternal grandparents. Was never allowed to meet my paternal family. Mom had such a hatred of them. Now in my older years I recently met a cousin on that side while working on my family tree. It's a shame what mom took away from me.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post.
    I enjoyed seeing your mix of photographs.
    The full moon over the church on Christmas Eve is just lovely, as are your very special family photographs.

    Hope your week is going well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been busy week. The moon over the church was so rare. I often marvel at it.

      Delete
  5. Great pictures. I love the ones of you with your grandparents. How sweet are those memories! I love to see old pictures...these were fun. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I miss my grandparents so much. They practically raised me.

    ReplyDelete