Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends


Took this picture of the clouds covering the sun as hubby and I were traveling along the BQE.  It was about 6 pm in the evening, and we were headed out to eat.  I love getting pictures of the sun over the water.

My two great aunts from England.  I never got to meet them, only heard stories.  One of them was blind and had clothesline throughout her yard which she would follow to get around.


I used to go here when I was kid.  Loved riding the roller coaster.


 Mmm!!!! Strawberries and cream.


 Bastet statue.


 My little hand carved owl.  


 My great great grandfather.


They were talking about putting this up in my neighborhood, but it must have fallen through.  


My son and I holding special Christmas gifts from my daughter. 

Just some of my beads.  I have been donating them to the Friday class.  I just had too many.  Multiply this bunch by 4.

My granddaughter and her husband, grandson on the right, and 4 of my great grandchildren.


My goddaughter's confirmation.  That's me in the flowered dress. My goddaughter stands next to me.

Two of my sons at Great Adventure when they were young.


 My large family.  Two sons are not in the picture.


Me and hubby 30 years ago. 

17 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post! Its nice to learn more about our friends, this post tells us so much, it shows your interests, your love of family, your eye for beauty , I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to share some every Thursday.

      Delete
  2. A very wonderful post with some great photos!
    I especially love the last photo of you and your hubby from 30 years ago.
    I love the affection that I see between both of you.
    Love that Owl and Bastet statue.

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He and I have been through a lot of hard times together, especially when he was close to death years ago. Now he has that darn COPD and the worries continue.

      Delete
  3. Those are some wonderful photos. It is great to see old family pictures and know the tie-ins. How interesting about using the clothesline to get around the yard.
    Love that last picture of you and hubby. From blond to a fiery red-head-you go girl! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day I guess they didn't have what they do today to help the blind so she found her own way of getting around.

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed seeing your selection of family pictures.

    Strawberries and cream … yes please!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love strawberries and cream. One of my favorites....and a low fat cream? WW friendly.

      Delete
  5. Some interesting beads. Do you have any type or style you like better then others?
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an old ex hippie. I love those hippie styles that bring me back to the past.

      Delete
  6. As always I am awed and envious of your collection of family photos.
    Love the owl and Bastet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I already mentioned, I didn't have any photos until my passed 3 years ago. I didn't even know what I looked like as little girl.

      Delete
  7. Very nice selection of photos of you and your family. That last pic of you and your hubby is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was at my sister-in-law's house. She had all that big old fashioned furniture and pink walls. Always wondered what her hubby thought about it.

      Delete
  8. You have wonderful memories when you were kid...love to hear about your ancestors.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have traced my family way back to Norfolk, England in the 1500's. It was such a joy to learn about them all.

      Delete
  9. I love reading about all your memories and seeing the great pictures! Love strawberries and cream! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete