Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Roundup

We come to the close of another week.  Enjoyable and busy one for me.  Monday was our last Food for Life class.  I am really going to miss it.  One good thing was that the recipes for the foods that we made were so simple and called for so few items that you don't really need a copy of the recipe to make it at home....and that I plan to do with quite a few of the things we made.

Tuesday was a lost day.  Rainy and dreary.  Stayed in and made my beans for the week.  Then I headed off for a nap and slept away the gloominess.

Wednesday went to the center.  Love the new Mindfulness course although the Reiki didn't work as well on my tinnitus.  Last week it really brought it down to a low hum.  This week it didn't seem to do anything.

Afterwards, I participated in a one time course on self-defense.  Learned some good moves to protect myself, but who knows what one would do in a situation.  Hopefully, I wouldn't panic.  But one thing I do all the time is stay aware of my surroundings.  That has helped me avoid several possibly dangerous situations.

Yesterday I went to the funeral of a peer from the center.  Rosie attended all the classes and was always so upbeat and jolly.  Even when she talked about falling and not being able to get up from the floor until morning, she make a joke out it.  May she Rip.


There was a beautiful park near the church.  I got there early so I sat for a few and enjoyed some rays.  So seldom we have seen the sun lately.


The Church was much more modern than the church I attend.  I hadn't wanted to get some pictures inside, but didn't feel it was appropriate.  The funeral itself was beautiful.  She was definitely a special lady.  

Afterwards, we went to a little diner to eat.  Today I'm off to the center today.  Jewelry making this afternoon.  

Have a wonderful weekend.


13 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your friend - it is always nice to have good memories of those who have touched our lives.

    That church looks nice, I will bet it looks beautiful inside. Have fun making your new jewelry - I can't wait to see what you have created!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful inside. That's one of the bad parts of attending a senior center. One loses their friends.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a pretty good week. I am sorry you lost such a special friend.
    Enjoy your jewelry making today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems entirely appropriate that the sun shone for Rosie's farewell. It sounds as if she tried to spread it on others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did. She was very eccentric and loved by all.

      Delete
  4. you have very wonderful week, hope, will continue for next other weeks.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like she was a special lady!!

    You had another busy week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love staying busy. Used to working so idle time gets me depressed.

      Delete
  6. I was sorry to read about your friend, may she RIP.

    Your week does sound busy, I'm sure the time flies by so quickly.
    Hope you enjoyed your jewellery making.
    Have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend! Big Hugs Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss :(
    That looks like a lovely park.

    ReplyDelete