Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  The heat and humidity are back.  Hoping that this is summer's last hoorah, and there are no more heat waves, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.  We all know that early September can be pretty hot.

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I had bought some ground beef on Sunday and divided it, cooking two different meals for hubby.  I rarely eat meat anymore, and when I do, it is usually poultry.  I think the only time I eat ground beef is when I make beef chili, and I just can't resist that.
I made a meatball stew.  Hubby had his last night.  I froze some for myself to eat after my weigh in next week.  Until then, I am treading thin ice so I have to watch myself.
Ground beef, rice, small can of tomato sauce, black beans, corn, salt and pepper, Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy, recaito, and oil.  Saved a small dish for myself for lunch tomorrow.

So much for eating half of the tarimasu last night and the rest tonight.  I sat down and it was "Oh well, I might as well finish it now."  And I did.  But, I did leave half the lasagne for tonight.  

Finished up my decorating on Saturday.  Now it is time to hit the bedroom.  My clothes are folded so neatly when the new season begins, and by the end, they are just all over the place.  Quite a job in store for me--starting to pack some summer that I know I'm not going to wear again this year and getting out a few things for Autumn.  I do a little each week so when the weather changes, I'm ready.  Here's a few more pictures of fall decor.




So, I m thinking of leaving another review of that subscription box I just dropped.  At first I wanted to just let it go, but now I am thinking that maybe I can help another from making the same mistake I did. I was reading the reviews on Cratejoy yesterday--all raving about how wonderful the company is and how much they love their boxes, and I have to wonder, how many really DO love their box and how many are just trying to get the free item she promises if you use a 5 star review.  I saw a one star and clicked to read it, and it was a real eye opener.  She said everything that I want to say, and then some.  She talked about the junk she received and how cheap everything was, but she brought up something that I hadn't thought of By offering additional items in your next box in exchange for a 5 star review, she is actually buying her reviews, that they are not really honest reviews.   So, how trustworthy can they really be?


In my opinion, it's a form of false advertising.  I rely heavily on reviews when I make a decision to purchase something, and the raving reviews for this subscription box encouraged me to give it a try.  Had I known that those reviews had been 'bought' with the promise a free gift, I think I would have thought twice about joining.  At any rate, I wised up before I wasted too much money, and in its place I joined another subscription box that looks much more promising.

15 comments:

  1. Yes, all those 5-star reviews are the result of unsubtle bribery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals look delicious!
    Your fall decorations are lovely and adorable!
    You are a fun person to blog with and I enjoy your blog!!!

    And this is how I truly feel and I wasn't promised a darn thing in return for my 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 review :)

    Have a great day Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying seeing your fall decorations. That statue is so lovely!

    I, too, am chomping at the bit for the summer weather to finally GO and we can have some beautiful fall temperatures at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out to the market at 8:30 am and it was already very uncomfortable. Enough is enough.

      Delete
  4. Those pictures made me hungry! And I agree with you about the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so unethical for her to do that. And then, if you tell the truth and leave less than a five star, not only do you not get an extra item in your box, but she complains about it, using your name, on the group for days on end.

      Delete
  5. Good morning! I’m with you on being tired of the hot summer weather! My daughter, Amber, and a few of my friends - very few! - love the heat! I want to wear a sweater and make some of your beef stew! In Texas the heat can last a long long time!
    I love all your fall things! And you’re already changing out your wardrobe! You GO, Girl!
    And now here’s where I pretend to be a singer and belt out that song from Frozen that my grand quads used to sing when they were younger.......
    Let it gooooooooo. Let it goooooooooo! Don’t let that woman get under your skin! Chances are she has a lot of issues! Good for you in giving her an honest review and that other lady, too. That was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out this morning at 8:30 am, and it was already brutal. The humidity is in the red zone--oppressive. Let's hope this is the last of the heat waves.

      Delete
  6. Ethics are important to me. I am so glad that you stepped away from this woman and her wiles. And a tad surprised she left the one star review up for people to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I, but it's on Cratejoy so I don't think she has control of it.

      Delete
  7. I agree...begging for and buying them are one in the same as garnering FAlSE reviews. Not trust worthy at all!

    I keep saying , ‘this has to be the last heat wave of the year!!’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ordered it because I read the raving reviews. How many people have fallen for that?

      Delete
  8. You are a great cook! Your food always looks so good! You are so right about the reviews!! It's not right! I would write a truthful one! I am always nervous when someone buys something from me! I always want everyone to be happy! I was so happy with the leggings!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete