Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Selections

This week I received my Mermaid box.  It is part of a subscription club that allows you to choose a different theme every month...and there are so many themes. Boho, Owl, Unicorn, Beach box, Galaxy, etc are a few that I chose.  I also checked off that I want the new Halloween box in October. 
I have to say I wasn't overwhelmed with this box, but there are a few nice items, and to be fair to the club owner, I'm new and didn't fill out my questionnaire before the box went out so it wasn't as personalized as it will be in the future.  I also felt that many of these items could have been bought in bulk in a dollar store. What I also love about this club is the freebies.  I have two diamond painting kits heading my way.  All you have to do is join their FB group and read through all the posts.  The owner puts things out there, and the first to say they want it, gets it.  Then there are other giveaways for showing pictures of your loot or leaving reviews on Cratejoy.
I'm guessing this is a little mermaid makeup brush.  From pictures I see it was part of a larger kit, so why not send the kit rather than just one?  Probably to save money on their end?  Split them up and put one in each person's box?
 I love this.  A mermaid bookmark.
 Deep sea moisturizing mask.  It is one packet and came from China.  I'd guess they got it very cheap.
 Pearl earrings in a shell.  I do love these, but my ears are sensitive so I will be giving these away for Christmas.  I'm thinking now of getting little stockings and stuffing all these goodies as Christmas gifts.
 Box matches with a mermaid theme.  Good for lighting my candles.
 My favorite, a mermaid necklace. I will be exchanging the chain for one of mine, though.  Not taking a chance with my nickle allergy.
Not quite sure.  I know this is a ring, but what does it represent?  A sea serpent?

Like I said, I'm not really 100 percent sure how long I will continue with this subscription, but I am willing to give it until Halloween.  I WANT THAT BOX.  The FB group is fun and the opportunity for extra gifts is fun, but what good is it if most of the stuff is garbage.  I'm hoping that the next box with my free diamond painting kit and items more geared for my choices is better.

6 comments:

  1. Echoing the previous comment. And looking forward to seeing the contents of your Halloween box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did receive some nice items and maybe things will improve!
    It is fun to receive things thru the mail. I especially hope the Halloween box will hold some true treasures 👻🎃

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great items, Mary! I like them ALL! That bookmark is especially adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the future boxes bring more ‘quality’ for you! But even if not...how much fun did you have opening the box and looking at your loot???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are more happy with your Halloween box! I can see what you were saying about this box, but still there were fun items! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete