Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tuesday Ramble


Good morning.  Another hot and humid one here in Brooklyn.  I am counting the days until autumn.  I'm so sick of this summer.  Can't even get to the park because it's either too hot and humid to out and about or showers are predicted.  Been staying in quite a bit this year.  Came down with a cold.  My nose started running, throat is sore.  Darn.  Maybe if it has to be,  this is the time since I am on August break from my classes.  But I have made plans.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to attend an extra WW meeting.  It not only gets me out of the house, but I also REALLY need one.  Having difficulty reining my eating habits in.  Sitting around the house too much with constant access to food doesn't do me well.  It's so easy to get up and go to the refrigerator for something to snack on.  I do keep healthy snacks on hand, but healthy does not mean all you can eat.
Felt like having some pasta last night so I made up this little dish.  Turned out pretty good.  Ingredients include small elbows, chop meat, mixed veggies, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, green pepper, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, beef bullion, and a wee bit of harissa spice.

You meet all kinds of nuts on FB.  I knew that, but I love the fact that I can keep in contact with family and old childhood friends.  I also love some of the groups on there and belong to a few.  I had joined a spirituality group not too long ago and had participated in many of the conversations.  We were from all walks of life; some were Christian, some Jewish, and some pagan.  I found it heartening that all types could get together and share without one criticizing the other.  So when one of the male administrators of a group sent me a friend request, I saw no harm in it... and there was no harm unless you like opening yourself up to put it politely, someone with a fanatical idea.

He wasn't any danger physically as he lived an entire ocean away from me, and he didn't come onto me in any sexual sort of way.  No, this guy had the idea that I had either been a parent or a guardian in his past life and wouldn't let up on it. It was like an obsession with him.  Fortunately, he never posted any of this nonsense on my timeline, but every morning and several times a day he would PM me.  "Do you have the same feelings?"  I told him 'no'.  "I had a dream abut you last night.  You were my guardian, and you taught me all the good that I know."  Well, at least I didn't teach him evil ways.  This kind of stuff went on and on for over a week before I got tired of telling him over and over again that I didn't feel the same.  Finally, I just stopped responding.  And you know what?  He immediately unfriended me and booted me from the group.  Guess I didn't really mean that much to him, did ? 

Signed up yesterday for a new summit.  Here is the info if anyone is interested.  It's free and will be broadcast on August 20-24.

https://thrivinginyourthirdact.com/

6 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    It sounds as if being unfriended was the very best thing you got out of that relationship. A shame about the rest of the group though.
    I hope you can shrug off that cold quickly. Summer colds always seem so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was totally obsessed with me being his guardian in a past life. Maybe so, but I sure didn't get those feelings about him.

      Delete
  2. I rarely if at all accept friend requests from total strangers. Much like you, my main reason for joining FB is to keep in contact with family and old friends. I decline FB friend requests all the time because I do not trust most people! Still, you are right there are many nuts cases out there in this world of ours! Good thing he unfriended you really.

    Sounds like we have very similar weather ... overcast, humid as Hades and showers predicted for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely accept friend requests from people I don't know, especially men, but I figured since he was an administrator in the group it would be okay. Lesson learned. LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. My only thing is blogspot. I have met some beautiful people here and wonderful friends here. I do not do any other social medias and I never will.
    Sorry about your cold. Hope you are better soon.
    You are right about the weather...it can be so depressing!

    Big Hugs 🍁🎃🍂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to be on facebook, a few years back. Only for one year. Don't miss it! I'm actually glad this guy unfriended you! Got him out of your hair quickly! Too bad about the group though!

    ReplyDelete