Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends



Old picture of me in my office when we were located on Delancy Street.  That's a co-worker sitting in the client's seat.  We were posing for a picture that was on the top of a flyer which was handed out to bring in more clients.  OMG!!!  I WAS HUGE. And my hair was so long.  What you see here is the reason I finally cut it short.  All I ever did was pull it back into a long ponytail.
A beautiful gift from my daughter that I shall cherish forever.
I'm lazy when it comes to breakfast.  I have instant oatmeal every day.  No cooking, and it tastes good.  This is my favorite flavor.  The stores brought it out for a couple of fall seasons and then no more.  I still keep looking for it.  So delicious.
My certificate in Dietary Wellness.  I'm currently taking two diploma courses--Healthy Living 101: Nutrition, Yoga, Meditation & Self Love and Diploma Certificate in Dietary Supplements Advisor
This magnificent lion sits in front of an office building in Manhattan.  I just had to snap a picture.  There are so many wondrous sights in the city.
Another certificate as a Holistic Health Practitioner (HHP).  You are never too old to learn.

 This was one of the books we used for my nutritional classes.  I still refer to it often.
A cook can never have too many spices, and since I love to cook with Indian spices, this was perfect for me.  There are so many health benefits to be found in Indian cooking.
Dad and his twin brother. This picture has to be at least 90 years old.
These were my turtles at work.  Actually, they belonged to one of my clients and he could no longer keep them so he asked if we would take them since we had a large tank. , I became responsible for their care.  I learned a lot about caring for turtles from these little guys.  They are smart as a whip, have a great memory, and become very attached to the person who feeds them.  If anyone else when near the tank they just continued on their business, but let them catch a glimpse of me a few feet away and they be trying to climb the glass.

9 comments:

  1. A real grab bag of miscellany this morning, Mary! That's a lovely necklace your daughter sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the turtles just wanted to say Hi! lol

    Beautiful necklace from your daughter. My mom has a mothers ring which she very much cherishes.

    I know what you mean about long hair. Before I had mine cut recently, I always said that I would NEVER get it cut short. But the truth is, I hate my hair in my face all the time and so I just ended up wearing it back anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love oatmeal also. When I worked in a small office, I had it for lunch in our little kitchen. The smell went through the building (actually, a house) and before long three out of the other seven people there were also having oatmeal for lunch. It is healthy and fills you up so you don’t snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat photos of your dad and his twin brother!
    Also a nice photo of you on the job.
    I enjoy photos that have meaning for one reason or another.
    Beautiful necklace from your daughter. So thoughtful of her.
    I had pet turtles all during my childhood.
    You can be proud of all those certificates. Learning and earning them is a great way to keep your brain active 🍁🍂🎃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, did you get my comment for this post I left earlier this morning???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that one came in while I was at WW. I didn't get a chance to moderated. So sorry.

      Delete
    2. Not a problem, I just wanted to make sure that there were no "technical" difficulties. LOL! No apologies necessary, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos. I had hair I could sit on when I was young. The tangles and the weight were both incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the turtles! So cute!
    You sure did have long hair! Wow! You weren't huge. You were just you. We all go through different stages in our life.
    Gorgeous pendant your daughter gave to you!
    Great picture of your dad and his twin!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete