Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.   We've been having some cooler weather here.  Feels wonderful.  I was glad to throw open the windows and let the cool breeze air the house. Plus, it allows me to save a little money on the AC.  Not looking forward to my electric bill this month. 

I think I may have already mentioned that I take surveys online to earn extra money.  It's tedious work and takes a long time to build up a decent cash reward, but it makes me feel productive.  So far I'd guess I've received a total of  $500 in Amazon gift cards. Last week I took a survey about vaccines and was asked if I would be willing to participate in a videotaped survey at some point, and I agreed.  So guess what?  I'm scheduled for 10 am tomorrow morning.  From 10 to 2.  And for this I will receive $200.  That's $50 an hour.  I am so excited.  My first big survey. Will be sure to let you all know how it goes. 

I received package from Piquant Post yesterday. Time to try some new recipes.  I am really happy about receiving the Sumac because I have another recipe that calls for it, and I was hesitant to buy an entire container without knowing if I would ever use it again.  That happens far too often. 
  • Turkish herb blend includes: dill, mint, oregano, aleppo chili flakes, cumin, and fennel seed.
  • Urfa biber:  urfa biber chili peppers
  • Nutty Sumac:  sumac, paprika, aleppos chili flakes, white sesame seed, cumin, and allspice 
They included 4 recipes to try out--Stuffed Eggplant, Turkish Kofte with Tzatziki, Turkish Quinoa Sala, and Menemen Turkish Scramble.  Despite the fancy names, the only recipe that requires a bit of work is the eggplant.

Also received some fall scented candles that I ordered. They smell fantastic.  My problem is that when a candle smells too good, I hate to light it. 
  • Cinnamon Apple smells like hot baked apples sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • Butternut Pumpkin is a blend of butternut squash, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, clove, and vanilla.
  • Fall Festival has top notes of citris, cinnamon, and apple with clove buds raspberry jam, and sugared vanilla. Candied Yams  has top notes of Brazillian orange, bergamot, and bread with cinnamon, nutmeg, and lily of the valley on a base of vanilla and raspberry.
  • Autumn Lodge has  top notes of winter green and pine needle with middle and bottom notes of fir balsam, cinnamon, and spice.
Dug all of my fall decorations out and have slowly started.  One reason I have been hesitant is that it means packing away my mermaid and ocean themes until next summer season.   I just don't have room to keep it all out.  But, it's time for the orange and golds, the season of the gnomes.   Going to begin today.  Class starts in two weeks, and then I will be busy.  Plus, I am one that likes to be prepared for the seasons so in early September I begin to slowly dig out fall and winter while packing away summer.  A little at a time...and then when the chill is in the air, I am prepared. 



12 comments:

  1. $50 an hour is nothing to sneeze at! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so exited. After all those little 50 cent surveys finally a big one.

      Delete
  2. I am also enjoying a couple of days of cooler weather here lately! It is so refreshing!!

    Looks like some good stuff to cook with. Have fun with the different recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the big survey...good money that will help cover the cost of the AC bill.
    Those candles sound heavenly! I burn more incense than I do candles. But I still buy scented candles to place in my closets and cupboards to freshen them...unlit of course :)
    I love seasons of fall and winter and I always have autumn decorations out. My witch collection is also on display 24/7, 365 days a year :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could burn incense, but hubby has Stage 3 emphysema so it bothers him. I do burn it when he is not going to be around for awhile.

      Delete
  4. Good for you, with the money you are making! Excellent! Love the herbs and candles! Fall decorating is so much fun! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to light those candles, but too soon right now. Still using up the summer stuff.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to get such good pay for the survey. I do love Turkish food - and scented candles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Middle Eastern food, but have never had Turkish food. This will be a first for me.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the survey gig!! I do surveys through one company, but it can take me up to two years or more to accumulate even $100!
    We finally have some cooler temps too. There's 70s for highs in the forecast here for the weekend. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete