Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thursday Odds and Ends

I've usually had some sort of theme for Throwback Thursday so this week I thought I'd try something new--Thursday's Odds and Ends--those pictures that don't fit into a theme and never get shared.
The fruit stand that I always go to always has a grocery products from around the world along with an endless supply of delicious fruits and vegetables.  I've tasted a rich tomato sauce from Italy, a high quality Balsamic vinegar from Modena, as well as the delicious gelato above which comes in several different flavors.  What can I say?  It's out of this world delicious.  But far too many WW points to have very often. 
So when I want a dessert I often head for a fresh fruit salad with a dollop of fat free whipped cream.  Just as yummy...and so healthy.
My goddaughter makes extra money watching dogs when their owners are out of town.  This little old fellow is quite old and usually spent his time sleeping until I came around.  He loved me and wouldn't leave my side all the while I was there, even jumped up on my chair to sit next to me.  My goddaughter said they never saw such a thing.  After I left the poor thing jumped in the chair and began sniffing and licking it.
My Crystal Therapy Practitioner Certificate.
This is one of the best creams I found for pain.  It has a nice scent, and it works fast.  The only trouble is that it is hard to find.


About 10 years ago I bought myself a star for my birthday.  Located in the constellation of Andromeda, I named it Miss Mary.  I know.  Not very original.  But somewhere up there Miss Mary burns brightly in the heavens.
Celebratory brunch at IHOP when my son graduated.  I had pancakes with blueberry syrup.  Have to say, there were way too many blueberries for my taste.
Anyone ever try these grapes.  Can't say that I really cared for them, although to their credit, I think they were a bit overripe.
My Christmas box of teas.  Will not buy this brand again.  Not much flavoring.  I prefer Yoga or Bigelow.
 I can never get bored with this around.  Such a fun book.

5 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of odds n' ends today.
    Wow! Your own ✴ Miss Mary...that is really neat!
    You have a great attitude for trying to enjoy life...especially trying new foods and products.
    Doggy was a sweetie and sure liked you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found something which helps with the pain. I suspect I would be stock-piling it, and buy some every time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Stash brand chai tea but otherwise am not a big fan of theirs. It seems I like a different brand for different flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics ... I love looking at other friends photos and the stories behind them. Such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so special! You have a star!! I wonder if we have that cream in Canada? I should look for my mom! Take Care! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete