Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday Roundup

Good morning everyone.  Happy Friday and what a week it was!  Monday....Hmm.   What did I do Monday?   Oh, right.  I headed out to the bank to deposit some money.  Not much.  A little $6 residual check and a ten dollar roll of quarters, but it all adds up in the long run.  Afterwards, I stopped at the 99 cent store and bought some new dish towels for fall.
Not bad for $1.29 each.  When I got home I got the itch and dug out all the fall decor.  What a job that was.  Thought I'd be laid up for a week.  Fortunately I felt good enough on Tuesday to begin decorating.  And look who arrived just in time to join into my Autumn decor--Raven carved from Black Onyx
The Raven is a powerful animal totem, and black onyx is a grounding and protective stone. which eases anxiety and stabilizes one's emotions.  It is especially helpful in healing old wounds that have become overwhelming.

Raven is to be joined by this little guy who arrived this past weekend--Unicorn carved from Soapstone animal totem.  I totally adore Unicorns.
The Unicorn is a symbol of magic, mystery, purity, innocence and enchantment.  It's horn reminds us to keep magic alive in our lives.  Soapstone creates a positive energy and calming influence.

On Wednesday  I took part in the in-person survey.  It wasn't four hours after all.  That was the number of hours that they booked me, but not necessarily the hours I would be questioned.  Others had been scheduled as well and we were seen in the order in which we came in.  I was first.  The interview itself only took ONE HOUR.  And for that I made $200. It certainly came in handy.  I've been really short this month.  Hubby's birthday.  Next month I am hoping to catch up.  

Did you ever have those mornings that you just feel like climbing back into bed and starting all over again? Well, that was my Thursday.  First off, Cablevision had a major breakdown.  Woke up to no television, no internet, why Google Home couldn't even tell me what the weather was going to be. Absolutely NOTHING worked. Not even my phone internet.  That's why I was late posting and commenting yesterday. 

Took me forever to get through.   The lines were so busy a message kept telling me to contact them through their website. Well, stupid, if I could I would, but internet is down, remember? I'm on hold for like 40 minutes, but I'm not giving up because I remember that if you don't call you don't get credit for the time. Meanwhile, I forgot that it was the Thursday for the exterminator. The doorbell rang. and I realize I'm still in my jammies and don't have a summer robe so I throw a dress on over my nightgown.  Then, while the exterminator  is going through the house and I am with him because I don't like to leave someone alone in my rooms, I hear a voice on the phone..."Hello, can I help you". Got there just before they hung up.  Turns out most of Brooklyn was down. Okay, so it's not just me.

Okay, so I get dressed and head out to my WW meeting. When I get off the first bus I see there is an 18 minute wait for the next one. I can walk quicker than that so I do only to arrive there and find that the place is dark. No receptionist. No leader. A band of us wait outside for a meeting that is supposed to start at 10. I wait until 10:20 and decide to do my shopping before the meeting. I finish up and still no one there. Then a woman comes with key. She is the substitute receptionist. She tells us that our leader is off as well and that she and the leader substitute were told that the meeting starts at 11:30. Sorry but it ends at 11:30. Most of us left at that point. On a plus side, at least I had a nice walk.

Have a wonderful weekend.










11 comments:

  1. You had a busy week!!! That’s crazy that the WW substitute got the times wrong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of annoyed for sure, but the weather was good and I did get that walk in. I could have stayed but the line was out the door for weigh in's and who knows what time they would get the meeting started.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, what a week! At least you made that nice juicy 200 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a busy week and not all of it positive. But you are a trooper and I see that if there is at least a little good to save the situation, you will find it.
    That a girl!!!
    As Debra said...you made $200.00 dollars :)
    Love the crow/raven and the unicorn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately it was a cooler and less humid day than the last time I made that walk. I plan on doing it on nicer days for the exercise.

      Delete
  4. Definitely crazy. Glad that you made the $200, and sigh on the meeting time mix up.
    Love the raven. And the unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That $200 came in handy. I am so behind in bills this month.

      Delete
  5. I think my comments are getting lost again by blogger ... I left a comment yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think your Blogger is losing your comments. For some reason comments did not show up in my email as they were supposed to and ended up in spam. On second thought, that is a Blogger issue.

      Delete
  6. What a crazy day for you! I'm happy you made $200.00. Sorry about the meeting! I love your raven and unicorn! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete