Friday, August 3, 2018

Friday Roundup

Friday greetings to all.  Another week bites the dust.  Hasn't been the best of weeks for me, though.  It's been very stressful. Hubby has been pretty sick, and for awhile there I had a fear that he would end up back in the hospital.  Fortunately, this time he didn't try to push himself like last time, and his chest cold didn't go into COPD exasperation like it did last time.   Yesterday I did Reiki on him (I'm a level one), and this morning he is pretty normal.  Wondering if it was what I did or a combination of the ginger tea and the flu just working it's 
way out.

I was so lucky at my WW weigh in yesterday.  I'll admit, I've been  playing with fire this month--cake, ice cream, pasta--and all that knowing I only had .6 pounds to gain, and anything more would bring me over goal.  Well, as I was standing in line I looked down and realized I had not taken my watch off, so before I stepped on the scale I took it off.  Gained exactly .6.  That watch would have brought me over.  Lesson learned last month. Can't pig out for 2 1/2 weeks and then think I can lose it all in a 1 1/2 weeks.  That's stinkin' thinkin' for sure.

With everything that was going on, I just was not into a big Lammas feast this year, but we did partake in some Lammas foods--Vegetable Bean Soup with spinach and corn, leafy greens salad, whole wheat bread, and an apple for dessert.  Afterwards I lit some special candles I purchased for the day and sat quietly in contemplation of the upcoming season.
The above spices came in the mail the other day.  It's a monthly box.  You get spices and two recipes each month, and it's only $5.90.  This month's menu included Latin Carne Asada and Laotian Larb, an Asian summer salad with cooked meat and herbs,  Yummy.

Starting to get ready for fall.  It's never too early.  My new shoulder bags arrived yesterday.  Personally, it can't get here quick enough for me.  I'm tired of this hot humid weather with showers every day.  Can't even go to the park because I never know when it is going to rain.  But, on a positive note, I am getting a lot of inside things accomplished.  Does me good not to be on the run all the time.

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better! Yay on squeaking by with the weigh in! You know what to do to get yourself away from that ‘I must pay’ zone!!!! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will DEFINITELY not go the same route this month.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely agree with you, COME ON FALL! I am planning on maybe doing some seasonal decorating this weekend if I have the time.

    Love your new should bags, too! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy that your husband is feeling better Mary.
      I believe that it was a combination of all the help he was receiving and your Reiki Treatment, too...plus your love of course :)
      I love autumn and if there was a state where autumn was 24/7, 365 days a year...I would move there in a heartbeat~
      You may have wandered a bit from WW but you are back on path so don't berate yourself to much...okay~
      Love that new bag of yours!!!

      Big Hugs Always~

      Delete
  3. I am so very glad to hear that your husband is better. And sure that your care of him contributed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned something today! I’d never heard about Lammas before or the celebration of it!
    I’m all about fall, though! Bringing in a tub of fall decorations every day and hope to be all decked out by the end of the month! September First is like my own personal holiday.....it’s my very favorite day of the entire year!
    Glad your husband is feeling better. It’s scary when they get sick.
    And good for you in remembering to take that watch off! It’s the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy your husband is feeling better Mary! I am so ready for fall too! Love your new shoulder bags! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete