Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  The start of a new week.  Each one brings us closer to September.  The countdown has begun.  Only one full week and then next Wednesday I am back in class.  I really did miss it this month.  Maybe if the weather had been better it would have been different, but because it was either too hot and humid or showery, I didn't even make it to the park.

Friday was a stay in day for me.  Still continuing my decorating.  Saturday I took a trip over to the park and stayed there for a few hours soaking up the fresh air.  The low humidity made the outdoors comfortable again.  I think this is only about the third time I made it to the park this summer.  The weather has just been so bad.


The Gnomes are happy Autumn is on its way.  They've already started harvesting the crops, and Mr. Fox was all too happy to help them.


 A hodgepodge of fairies, gnomes, and little carved animals all getting ready for fall.
Decorating is just about complete.  Next chore: start packing some things I know I won't wear anymore and start digging out some fall.

When my mom passed I was given the funeral registry book from my grandmother's death.  We'd been so close they felt that I should have it.    The other night I sat and went through it--the old signatures, who sent flowers.  Also included was this flower from one of the arrangements.
 This pressed flower is 55 years old.

On Sunday, hubby and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden.  I've wanted to go there for so many years.  I worked right down the block from it for ten years and never even made it to lunch.  My only fear when he mentioned going there was the sodium levels in the food.  I was pleasantly surprised, though.  The sodium levels were much lower than at Fridays and Applebees.  Only thing I had to worry about was WW points, but who cares.  It's only one day, and I've been over 10 years waiting for it.
This is what I had last night--whole wheat linguini, fresh marinara sauce, and grilled chicken.  The grilled chicken was 0 WW points.  Dinner was low in sodium and low in points in comparison to some of the dishes that were over 50 points. And it was delicious.
Hubby got the two for one and brought a lasagna home for me.  I'm going to cut it in half and eat it for two nights with a huge salad.  By watching my points during the day, I'll be all right.  That's one thing WW taught me.  You can eat anything you want in moderate servings and balance the rest of your meals to fit it in.  Not as hard as it sounds.
My only downfall.  Tarimasu.  Already took one bite before I put it away.  Just had to have it.  Will share with hubby and eat a little at a time.


9 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Olive Garden! We all need a special treat from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do. We get out to dinner now every other week. So far this has been my favorite place.

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are wonderful for autumn. One can never have to many gnomes and fairies and such. WE need the magick in this crazy world of ours!!!
    How wonderful that you finally made it to Olive Garden! Good for you!!!
    Part of any weight loss plan is to know your weaknesses and limit how much you eat of them. When you eat is also important. I never have a big meal in the evening. The motto in our home is breakfast...eat like a king. Lunch...eat like a queen. Supper eat like a pauper. It works for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my gnomes, fairies, and mermaids. I even bought myself paper dolls. I never want to grow up.

      Delete
  3. I love Olive Garden and it is my mom's favorite place to go eat out!

    Lovely fall decorations too! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time there. I love that the food was fresh and there was lots of it. Fridays was a big disappointment. Not only was their broccoli way too salty, but also very soggy.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad that Olive Garden didn't disappoint you. And super impressed at your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was overwhelmed by the quality of the food.

      Delete
  5. I love all your decorations! They are adorable! How special that the flower has lasted for so long! Yummy, Olive Garden! We all deserve a treat! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete