Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Selections

This month's theme for Blended Box was 'Boho'. I love Boho so I was very pleased. 

These sunglasses are awesome.  Hubby looked at me like I was crazy with these huge yellow framed sunglasses with thick swirly designed arms.  But he knows, I've always been one to follow my own fashion.
Gypsy wrist bands.  I love them. 
This is the diamond painting kit.  I have been so busy with my decorating that I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet.
Throw pillow cover.  Love, love, love it.
Nail decals.  Don't think I'll be using these.
Incense cones.
Lavender seeds.
Pretty little bracelet.  Says love.  Haven't quite figured out the image.  To be truthful, it looks used.
Floating Lotus flower.
Necklace.  Must change the chain before I wear it. 

A lot of cute little items, but I said in my last post about this company, I'm giving it until the Halloween box to see how it goes.  The fact is, though, I am ready at this point to let it go.  I don't like how the owner will single you out on the private FB group, things that should be done in private.  For example, since I joined I saw that she posted IN THE GROUP to a couple of people that their payment didn't go through.  My payment always goes through, but in my opinion, she should PM them with that kind of thing.  We all don't need to know their private business.  Each month we are to post a raving review on Cratebox in 5 words or less.  This way we get an extra item in our box.  This month it said 10 words, and I and a few others posted the 10 words, only to have her single us out in the group that 'I WILL LET IT SLIDE THIS MONTH, BUT NO MORE CHANCES".  What a load of crap...which is what she sends anyway.  One day she lit into a person and called her names because her review wasn't raving.  In my opinion, that person is my hero.

Then, she posts "What color is your kitchen?"  I had answered that question before, but when I went through the list didn't see my name so I commented again only to be singled out that I HAD ALREADY ANSWERED THAT QUESTION.  'PLEASE DON'T RESPOND TO QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ANSWERED ALREADY.'   Why not just let it go.  That is absolutely no way to run a business.  You know, I'm 71 years old.  I don't appreciate being scolded by some 20 something who, in my opinion, is ripping people off.   There are plenty of better subscription boxes out there.

I got so riled up as I wrote this that I decided not to wait for Halloween.  I'm sure I can find a better box before then. So I left the FB group and canceled my subscription.  Just don't need that aggravation.  It's not like she is sending such fantastic items, after all. And you know what?  I feel relieved.  I get far better in the other boxes I belong to.

12 comments:

  1. As much fun as the boxes could be...I would rather go out and buy my own small treasures. That way you get what you want and can use.
    At least you feel better now that you have dropped out and you did enjoy some of the things in this last package.
    One last thing... I do not want to be told how many words to use in a comment.

    Have a Great Day💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't like to be told what to say in a comment. If it wasn't a raving review, she put it out there to the group with the party's name. I don't see her business lasting very long.

      Delete
  2. The charm on the love bracelet appears to be Ganesha. A Hindu god and is the god of new beginnings and remover of obstacles.
    Lots of interesting goodies in the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My eyesight is not what it used to be and even with glasses I couldn't make it out. That's pretty bad.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you made the right decision, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact is, what she sends is not worth it. I belong to several subscription boxes and hers doesn't even compare. She gets her stuff real cheap from China buying in bulk, or buys a package of things such as t he mermaid makeup brush I received and separates them and everybody gets one, or used stuff.

      Delete
  4. It does indeed sound as if you made the right decision. I see no reason to let a stranger bully you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love subscription boxes and get several. This is the only one that does this. It's like she is giving away gold.

      Delete
  5. I was thinking by the end of your post to just cancel and then I read you DID!!! Good for you. That did not sound like a fun thing to me! I have allowed myself to be called out in front of family by family once and I do not intend to allow anyone to do that again. Some things are meant to be private conversations. Yeah, I'm soon 70 and we don't have to take stuff like this! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really annoyed. Part of me wants to leave a not so nice review on Cratejoy. I don't really see her business as lasting much longer. I saw that she only started it in February and already she seems to be losing control, but it's her attitude and making comments to customers that should be done privately. If my card failed to work, I sure wouldn't want everyone to know.

      Delete
  6. I think you made the right decision Mary! Good for you!
    You've got me thinking, I might do a surprise box in my shop. I couldn't do it every month, but it might be fun!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great idea. Check out Cratejoy for ideas. They have lots of different ones.

      Delete