Friday, June 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday. Only it's Friday. See what happens when you retire?

Every June Coney Island has the Mermaid Parade.  Next one is on June 16th, and I hope to be there.  Didn't make last year's parade due to transit issues, but it so much fun I thought I would share some pictures from two years ago.  The parade is a celebration of ancient mythology which signals the return of the summer season.  Inhibitions are left at the door. If you should ever find yourself here in New York during the time of the parade I highly recommend you go.  It is so much fun.
Lots a people march in this parade.  These young ladies were following a float that I just couldn't catch in time to get a good photo.


 Lots of dancers in colorful costumes.
 Mermen
And Greek Gods and Goddesses

Truckloads of scantily dressed ladies.

 And truckloads of non-dressed ladies and men.
And the best yet.  This little kitty sat on his owners head throughout the entire parade.   And he was loving the parade.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like a lot of fun! But my fave photo is that head-sitting cat, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parades are not common here. Love that head sitter. And am amazed it is so comfortable in crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pics! Love the cat LOL!

    Somehow, Beltane comes to mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, sometimes I write a post the night before for the next day and my blog time on blogger is so off that I will post at 2-3am and it still shows 11-12pm the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, I read it this morning and didn't twig to the discrepancy at all because, yes, I'm retired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun parade!!! That cat is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete