Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Ah, Tuesday morning, and aside from my daily walk I've nothing on my agenda.  I don't even need anything from the store.  Gosh, don't know what I am going to do with myself.  Some reading perhaps.  Making some jewelry is a possibility.  And if anything really catches my eye, it could be a day to plop myself down in front of the television...with breaks in between, of course.  When one suffers from osteoarthritis throughout their body, one cannot sit for any length of time without getting up and walking about.  Heck, I've been known to get over 6,000 steps just by walking back and forth throughout the length of my apartment.

Went to my classes yesterday.  In dance class I did the Electric Slide, Cuban Shuffle, and Viennese Waltz.  We are also learning the dance from Saturday Night Fever, but I must admit, I have a ways to go before I am even half as good as John Travolta.
 
In arts and crafts our  instructor taught us how to make a brooch out of the bottom of a water bottle.
Cut the bottom off the water bottle.  Cut slits and trim the edges.  2 to 3 coats of plain nail polish, then 2 coats of sparkly nail polish.  (This pin is actually greenish, but doesn't show).  Then glue little flower in the middle and pin on the back.

For dinner I grilled some chicken for hubby and I and on the side made some Moroccan spicy carrots. I like to find interesting recipes and then make my own little changes to suit our tastes.  And I especially love Middle Eastern foods.  The spices that go into them all have fantastic health benefits.
Olive Oil
Baby carrots
4 cloves garlic, minced
Ground Cumin
Paprika

Cinnamon (just a pinch)
Lemon juice
Black pepper to taste


Boil carrots until just a bit tender.  Heat oil and add the garlic and spices.  Stir about 1 or 2 minutes.  Stir in carrots and lemon juice.  Toss to coat.

Managed to get 6004 steps in yesterday.  That's not counting over a hundred steps I missed out on because I didn't carry my phone.  Have to get another bracelet.



6 comments:

  1. Reading is always a fun way to spend a relaxing day. My sister is trying to get me into the adult coloring books. She loves them. I will try it sooner or later. I really think your brooch is cool! Great idea, too.

    That's A LOT of steps! Way to go, Mary! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one stylish brooch.
    And I agree with you about Middle Eastern foods. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a perfect day to me! I only have to get out to visit one friend in a nursing home and pick up three or four things at the store.
    That brooch is seriously pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm those carrots sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that brooch! Excellent idea!
    Unfortunately, middle Eastern foods don't agree with me!

    ReplyDelete