Friday, June 22, 2018

Friday Roundup

Well, here we are at the end of another week.  Sure was a busy one for me.   Ran around almost every day this week.  Keeps the joints working.  Some days I just don't feel like it, but even if it's just a walk to the store or back or even just around the block.  When you suffer from the chronic pain of osteoarthritis which now seems to be throughout my body...coupled with fibromyalgia--keeping your body moving in some way is a necessity.  I REFUSE to take prescription meds for it.  What I do take is Yucca supplements, Turmeric, Tart Cherry Supplements, Caltrate, and Vitamin D3 and an occasional Tylenol Arthritis or Aleve.  I don't take them every day to avoid resistance.

The best part of this past week was the arrival of my beautiful little great granddaughter.  Gosh, I can't wait to get out there to Jersey to hold her.   I'm going to drive you guys crazy with pictures of her.
 My daughter with Sadie Mae.

Had to share this one.  This is the way I rode the bus during the flu season this year.  LOL!!!  I wasn't taking any chances.
Had a tarot reading on Tuesday.  I was just surfing Facebook and felt drawn to this woman who just happened to be reading cards at the moment.  I usually just pass them by, but this time something made me stop and ask for a reading.  She picked me immediately as if she was drawn to me as well.  OMG!!!  What a reading from someone I have never The spirit coming through was my grandmother.  This woman was so accurate.  

At first when she asked who 'Elizabeth' was.  At first it meant nothing, then I said, "OMG, that's me".  My grandmother used to tell me I reminded her of a young Elizabeth Taylor.  At one point she said that she had quit smoking a year ago yet was feeling the strong urge to smoke.  My grandmother smoked for 50 years.  She asked if my grandmother loved to dance. She did but as she got older she couldn't anymore, but  loved watching the dancers on Lawrence Welk.  She said my grandmother was the opposite of my mom.  So true.  She was loving, mom was cold. She asked if I used a cane.  I said 'yes'.  She I use it as a result of an accident years ago.  Again 'yes'.  She said that it hurts her to see me feeling so hopeless lately.  That's true.  As my pain gets worse I have been wondering if I will ever feel normal again.  She said that my grandmother wanted me to know she was always here for me, watching over me.

Wednesday I headed off to class.  Love the Wednesday Qigong leader.  He is fantastic and very understanding.  And funny.  Can't forget that.  Makes it all fun.  In Wednesday dance class we have been learning African dance.  Never in a million years did I ever think I would do that. 

Dinner Thursday night.   'Marshoosheh', a Lebanese Dish.  Very simple to make.
Cabbage (chopped)
Onions (sliced)
Cracked wheat
Red pepper flakes
Olive oil
1/4 cup of water
Saute onion in hot oil.  Add the cabbage and stir to coat with oil.  Cook for a few minutes.  Add red pepper flakes and cracked wheat.   Add water and cover, allowing to simmer until water boils down.  

Served with baked potato and chicken cutlets.





5 comments:

  1. Glad you had such an interesting and exciting reading! You really DID have a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it amazes me how accurate both the cards and the readers are!

    Your grandaughter's pics are wonderful, what a beauty she is, Mary!

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very, very busy week - but what a wonderful high point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new addition. There is nothing like a new baby to bring happiness to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little great grand daughter is so cute!
    Good for you not taking prescription drugs!!!
    You made me laugh with your mask! LOL!
    An excellent read you had!
    Thanks for the recipe! Just bought cabbage today!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete