Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday Selections

Next month will be my daughter's 51st birthday.  Hard to believe that a year has passed since her 50th.  Hard to believe her 50th has passed.  Hard to believe I am old enough to have a 50 year old daughter.  Seems like only yesterday I was celebrating my 50th, and I wasn't happy about it. My daughter faced hers a lot better than I did.

I have to admit, it wasn't an easy birthday for me.  I was still in denial., unable to accept the aging process.  I wasn't ready to grow old.  I felt young, and I looked young.  I wasn't ready to be 50 so I remained in my 40's for several more years. Actually, I took 10 years off my age, and no one was any the wiser.   But I was, and every time I looked in the mirror I saw the telltale signs--the deep frown lines in my forehead, the double chin.  Nope, couldn't deny it any longer so I took the opposite route now.  I just didn't care what I looked like.  Ate myself into a 70 pound weight gain...and the heavier I got, the older I looked.  

Well, I am past all that now.  I proudly announce my age--71--and I must admit I get a thrill when someone says, "I don't believe it.  You don't look your age."  So, without further ado, here's a few photos of that eventful night.   I am a crone and proud of it.
 My three great grandchildren are in awe watching him cook.
My son, daughter, and me.
 My dish.  I had chicken.  I always do when I go out.  This was so good.
 My grandson on the far end, my great granddaughter, and my grandson-in-law.
 My granddaughter.  Any day now she is going to give birth to my 7th great grandchild.
 My granddaughter, my daughter's childhood friend, and my daughter.


5 comments:

  1. You look great, Mary! The best any of us can hope for is to age gracefully I think and I am trying to do that as well as I can.

    Happy 50th Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant to say "51st" birthday. Typo as usual with me. LOL

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great time! It's always fun at those Japanese restaurants where the chefs put on a show in front of you as they cook your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do indeed look wonderful.
    I avoid photos whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be proud of who you are! You look amazing! Your family looks amazing too! Congrats on such a large beautiful family! Looks like you had a great night! Good food! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete