Monday, June 4, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning.  Not a very good one weather wise.  It's cool, 53 degrees,  windy, and rainy.  They say it should clear up by 10, but who knows.  Just don't trust what these weather people have to say.  At any rate, I had a rough weekend.  Lots of pain throughout my body.  Must be the cold dampness.  It's June, and here I am back in my flannel gowns.  What a spring!!!  I definitely won't be going to qigong or dance today.  Meditation and arts and crafts are still up in the air.  Right now I am feeling miserable.  Super tired.  Will just play it by ear and see how I feel when it's time to go.

Had a quiet weekend.  Spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I like to cook on the weekend, then freeze so the days are easier on me.  Just thaw out and fix plates.  Started that when I was still working, but I've been so busy enjoying retirement activities, I continue with the practice.  Basically, I am cooking for hubby.  I pretty much eat my salads, homemade soups, or stir fried veggies with a grilled boneless chicken breast.  Not that I don't enjoya meal once in awhile.   I do crave my pasta at times, love mashed potatoes, anything Mexican, and Middle Eastern foods.  All healthy.  Even the pasta.   I'm big on low sodium so I do my sauce from scratch. 

This week is the week of my  monthly weigh-in,, time to get myself back on track again and not just because I have face the scale.  Not only would I have to pay, but it will break my heart after working so hard for it.   But, if I go over I have no one to blame but myself. Not too long ago I discovered a new ice cream by Breyers.  The entire pint is only 320 calories, some flavors even less, and 2/3 of a cup is only 3 WW points.  And with fat free chocolate syrup and whipped cream, it's a real low point dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth.  

But ice cream is my downfall.  I can do without candy, cookies, and even cake, but ice cream?  Like an addict, all I need is just one.  But what happened was, after a few weeks the stores didn't replenish their supply and by then I was already hooked.  So what did I do?  I told myself, "Okay, I have a few weeks to go before have to weigh in, so I'll get a regular ice cream."  Sabotage at it's best.  I do it again, and again, and again.  I know there are other more WW friendly ice creams out there, but I don't like them.  Just don't taste like real ice cream to me.

So, no matter what the scales says this Thursday, I'm going to remain motiated.  I've started tracking my foods again and made an agreement with myself that I will get out for a walk every day.  That's another reason for 'downfall'--lack of exercise.  Just when I doing so well in that department my pain flare kicked in.  Haven't been able to dance or participate in qigong.  Haven't even been able to take a long walk. 

Have I ever shown you my little hand painted crone?  I love her.   I must admit it took me awhile to accept the role, but I'm proud to say I am a crone now.
My little hand painted Stella Marris  (Our Lady, Star of the Sea) arrived the other day.  Isn't she sweet?  This title has been used for Mary since the 7th century where she was invoked by sailors as a  guide and protectress of those who made their livelihood at see.   She was the calmer of storms.  We can ask  her to calm the storms in our own lives.
I really enjoyed the Mother Mary Novena:  Nine Day Vigil class I took with Mother House of the Goddess.  I learned so much about how Mary is viewed throughout the world  These are only a few of my statues. The small ones are packed away. The center Mary is Our Lady of Perpetual Help from my church. Rosa Mistica is in gold. Our Lady of Lourdes is in blue and white. Our Lady of Guadalupe are the other two. Included on the altar are the Dove of Peace, Holy Water from the Jordan River, Rose of Sharon annointing oil, apophyllite for peace and calm, blue candles, pink opal quartz gemstones, and a Rosary from The Nazareth Shop.

5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely Virgin Mary altar that you've assembled! Good luck at the WW weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely collection of statues.

    Our temps are at 53 at the moment but supposed to go up to around 73 by noon or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain? Send it here. Please.
    And I sadly hear you on the self sabotage. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self sabotage is an ugly problem. I do the same thing....but theoretically if we know what’s happening we should be able to stop those voices of sabotage and resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your weigh in! Take it all one day at a time! Don't get down on yourself!! Love your collection of statues! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete