Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fit to be Tied...A Rant

Woke up early this morning, showered, and took some time puttering around before heading out for a day of tests.  First I headed to the lab for my blood work.  No issues there, and I must compliment the wonderful woman who drew my blood.  She was good.  Then, I had to head in the opposite direction for my Pet Scan.  Didn't go so good there.  Seems that my insurance hadn't approved it as yet.  According to what was told to me, being that I am in a "Member"? plan, I have to wait for someone from member services to call me before I can make an appointment.  What the heck does that mean?  Who the heck is member services?

This after I stuck with a no-carbohydrate all day yesterday and nothing, not even a cup of coffee this morning. I'm not even going to mention my shattered nerves from worry. By the time I received this message, I was queasy, weak, and very cranky, but I credit myself in not taking my frustration out on the lovely woman in the lab.  

Needless to say, I am peeved.  I've paid my dues, almost $200 a month from my check, plus what my employer lays out to make out the different.  For six years I've done this and never used my plan. Now comes the time when I really need it, and they make me jump through hoops. I shake my head here in wonder.  There is definitely something wrong with our health care system.

Thanks for listening. I needed to get it out. Going to go take a snooze now and pretend today never happened. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have got to be kidding !

    I thank God I live in Canada, even with all
    the changes for the worse coming in healthcare
    we are much better off than Americans.

    Tomorrow is another day, Mary, let's hope it
    turns out better than this day.

    gentle hugs
    love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary,

    I HOPE all goes well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had to deal with insurance companies either :(, Germany and Canada having universal health care. I hope they can figure it out ....good luck and hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghh! this is awful. Hope it all gets worked out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh noooooooooo! It's like a bad dream.

    Yes, there IS something wrong with our Health Care System! And it needs to be dealt with. But Obama Care .... Or Obama Tax, as the Supreme Court has deemed it... Is not the answer.

    My heart goes out to you. And here I thought, when we again heard from you, it would be behind you. -sigh-

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, call that Member #%*@## and ask....Why haven't I received my APPROVAL yet?????
    Reading this made me BS at the system and health care all over again this morning. (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is terrible. I am not surprised, though. I worked in HR for years (in the US) and I saw the health insurance systems change greatly each year, prices going up and benefits reduced. Rules became stricter.

    It's funny - now I live in Canada and use the national healthcare system. And when I hear some Americans go on about not wanting the government in their health care, I have to laugh. The insurance companies are worse than the government. And unfortunately, any idea to link health care with the government in the US includes the insurance companies - so health issues would be controlled by both.

    I wish you luck with your administrative nightmare. Is there anyone who administers the plan that can help?

    ReplyDelete